• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

NPC Quests that require you to kill monsters

G o d.. read other posts >< Im kinda wondering where to find onkill and onlogin, ive only found login in creaturescripts but thats it.

Okay, i placed first code in : lib/functions.lua

Second code in : npc/scripts/(made a new .lua file and added code)

Third : creaturescripts/scripts/login.lua

Last one : creaturescripts/scripts/playerdeaths.lua

and i get this error on console :

Code:
Lua script error: [creaturescript Interface] data/creaturescripts/scripts/login.lua.
So clearly it has to do with where i played the third code, any help?

Sorry for the double post, i got my above issues fixed i think. Anyways what do i you have to say when you've finished the quests?

Like i return to the NPC with the quests done, what do i have to say?

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I add more quests? when I copy the part from the first post, it all works, but when I want to add more, it doesn't, all sorts of weird errors. Any help? I wanted like 15 quests, but I kept getting error after error. Edit: Scratch that, it doesnt work at all, it loads, but when I want to turn the quests in it does nothing at all.

Please? Quite in need of a way to fix this :D The npc somehow does not remember that I took his quest, although he does give me a new one after I completed the first one. (but there are no rewards or anything)

BUMHR(bring up my help request? just to be original :))

Last edited by a moderator:
For the ones that dont know...
onkill should be a file created by you for the function that will execute when someone kills something.
it is loaded like this on creaturescripts.xml:
<event type="kill" name="PlayerKill" event="script" value="kill.lua"/>

so, create a file named kill.lua and paste what he says inside it. good luck!

Ah, I must've been one of them that didn't know :D gonna test it shortly, thanks for the reply!

This will be very useful for making custom secret quests for my server :cool:
Nice work.

Wow man, its great!
But i have one small question: it is possible to count some monsters together? In one quest? Hope you understand what i mean
oh, and will be great if someone can help me changing this script that i have to choose one of two quests for each level

Last edited:
How can I do so, you talk to the npc and then go kill a monster and then you talk with him again and then you can enter a door?

can someone help me? :p

This apparently doesn't work very well.
I killed what it asks me to do, nothing happened.

i tried it too, no errors but when i kill what it says and the amount i talk to npc and just gives me another quest... using 0.3.4 p2

Back