• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ram to host

Ray Rewind

Doctor
Reaction score
how much ram is required to host a server ? I can get a server at strato with 1gb ram unlimited traffic and 50gb hdd is it enough?

Got 35mb map

My tfs is for windows only :p don't got rl map
Then you will need to get atleast 2-3 gb more.
So around 4gb if you got a small map that 40 eur. (counting like don, ram * 10eur) + windows, 10-20eur~? Or ram * 14-15 eur.

That is just bullshit ;) If you wanna waste money or prefer windows, sure use that ive done it many times. But still ubuntu is alot better, dosen't need any big amounts of ram, FREE, easy to use, once you learn the SSH commands and how to use an FTP server and PUTTY.

That is just bullshit ;) If you wanna waste money or prefer windows, sure use that ive done it many times. But still ubuntu is alot better, dosen't need any big amounts of ram, FREE, easy to use, once you learn the SSH commands and how to use an FTP server and PUTTY.

And you can use my new tutorial hehe

I hosted a real map (98 mb) with 200-300 average players a couple of years ago on windows, I only used 4 gb ram. I doubt you will need more.

The only diffrence is that you don't need use exes. You compile it via linux and then use SSH to start and stop it.

Well technically you use an binary executable even though its not a windows one but hey, at least no annoying DLL files!

So, for example. 100mb realmap with normal rl scripts and some more. PS-24 will be enough for how many players? How much exactly will I be supposed to pay per month?

Back