• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Random server and client crashes

OTHst

Solutions
Reaction score
Last edited:
Solution
E
Quick question, what's the recommended ram for tfs?
I'd recommend 16gb at least if you running a rl map, but 8gb should be enough, btw you might want to take a look at this and apply to your server because it might be the cause of the server crash:
i've been abusing it and it seems stable so far
eating good job GIF

Very stable so far... only that one single client crash earlier
yep. take a look at memory usage on linux. mine was about 2.8gb on win x64 now it's using only 305mb-ish
it went down to 170mb and i restarted it to see what happens, using about 2.6gb now

Last edited:
yep. take a look at memory usage on linux. mine was about 2.8gb on win x64 now it's using only 305mb-ish
it went down to 170mb and i restarted it to see what happens, using about 2.6gb now

Memory usage is fine, I increased the virtual servers ram to a lot just to be safe and monitored the ram earlier. Never went over 3gb of usage
Post automatically merged:

Update: Client crashes has been occuring when I've been playing with my friends. Not too bad but still annoying, also experienced the character being logged out and the character list shows up

Last edited:
Memory usage is fine, I increased the virtual servers ram to a lot just to be safe and monitored the ram earlier. Never went over 3gb of usage
Post automatically merged:

Update: Client crashes has been occuring when I've been playing with my friends. Not too bad but still annoying, also experienced the character being logged out and the character list shows up

are they getting client crash as well? are they using official 10.98 client or the one with updated sprites?

are they getting client crash as well? are they using official 10.98 client or the one with updated sprites?
Yes they are getting crashes, we're all using the official 10.98 client.
Edit: I don't know if this is relevant or even useful but it seems like the minimap on the client partially gets reset when the client crashes

Last edited:
need more details about what was happenning at the time of the crash; monsters, npcs, location, tools used, etc. i'd try a fresh installation, database, other client versions and otc client too.
i've been trying to crash it or even get console errors since Fix data race on addEvent with no succes, it's getting harder and harder to break it on my setup. it got kinda laggy during one invasion but that's it. hours hunting, idle, exploring with zero errors

need more details about what was happenning at the time of the crash; monsters, npcs, location, tools used, etc. i'd try a fresh installation, database, other client versions and otc client too.
i've been trying to crash it or even get console errors since Fix data race on addEvent with no succes, it's getting harder and harder to break it on my setup. it got kinda laggy during one invasion but that's it. hours hunting, idle, exploring with zero errors
ORTS datapack, TFS latest items.otb, cipsoft 10.98 client (vanilla).
Three people all getting client crashes.

Error Report full.png
here is some more information about client crash! :)

btw, how do i change ram? i have 64gb but i dont know how much the server goes on? where to change?

View attachment 55118

a few errors message from OTC console
I had a look at this crash today. Big thank you for those error messages, they gave me a good idea of where to start. I don't know why it would only affect the ORTS datapack, but I think I have figured out what happens.

How to reliably reproduce the crash/error:
Spawn a monster with a God, walk off-screen, then kill the monster with another character. The key is that you "see" the monster, then walk off-screen before killing it. In this case the God's client will either crash (Cip client) or show the "no thing" error (otclient).

The server sends 'GameServerDeleteOnMap' opcode (108/0x6C) to remove the creature from the map, but the creature doesn't seem to exist on the client (already removed because it's outside view range?). The crash does not happen with items and while backtracing the network message I noticed that ProtocolGame::sendRemoveTileThing checks if the player canSee(pos) while ProtocolGame::sendRemoveTileCreature does not.

I will see if I can reproduce with default TFS datapack and test with a canSee check in sendRemoveTileCreature.

Back