• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Random server and client crashes

OTHst

Solutions
Reaction score
Last edited:
Solution
E
Quick question, what's the recommended ram for tfs?
I'd recommend 16gb at least if you running a rl map, but 8gb should be enough, btw you might want to take a look at this and apply to your server because it might be the cause of the server crash:
yeah I noticed this as well, need to dig it further to see what is causing this...

this is how the map looks on RME:
2021-02-15 21_38_19-map.otbm_ - Remere's Map Editor.png

this is how it looks on OTC (as it doesn't crash):
2021-02-15 21_35_19-OTCv8 - Perflex.png

and this is the crashlog from tibia client:
2021-02-15 21_36_29-Tibia.png

hope someone can help, since if this crash issue is not fixed there is no point on continuing with the project...

yeah I noticed this as well, need to dig it further to see what is causing this...

View attachment 55093

View attachment 55094

View attachment 55095

hope someone can help, since if this crash issue is not fixed there is no point on continuing with the project...

I tried with a few other item.otb's still getting crashes.

Edit: I've also tried it with a completely different map but still get crashes.

Last edited:
I tried with a few other item.otb's still getting crashes.

Edit: I've also tried it with a completely different map but still get crashes.

Tried a bit more...
Using the latest TFS items.otb seems to have much less frequent crashes and so far I've not experienced any client crashes, only server crashes

Quick question, what's the recommended ram for tfs?
I'd recommend 16gb at least if you running a rl map, but 8gb should be enough, btw you might want to take a look at this and apply to your server because it might be the cause of the server crash:

Solution

View attachment 55093

View attachment 55094

View attachment 55095

ill be looking into it too. i've been testing random stuff to see if i can trigger the random crashes. so far i've found some pretty stable places, especially after the updates, and some unstable ones but nothing too concrete or that can be reproduced easily. ill keep digging if i hit gold ill bring it up.

loool 16gb?

wierd, it looks like normal venore on my client. had to change that wooden stair on the tools shop to go up the store tho. is this happening on 10.98 .spr/.dat?
yes it is, are you getting no crash at all?
Venore looks normal here as well and I have not experienced any crashes and get no errors in OTC.

I managed to crash the server by running out of ram but that is pretty much to be expected. Backtrace suggests it was related to scheduler so it could also be fixed with ranisalt's PR.

okay I might finally have found out what is crashing the client, just need to confirm with @OTHst if he is using this?

I just found out I was using the dat and spr from this and they seems to not be compatible with the datapack yet

with vanilla 10.98 spr and dat everything is fine

yes it is, are you getting no crash at all?
i've been restarting the server a lot so can't be sure if no crashes but nothing in venore/edron/darashia/thais so far
Post automatically merged:

no crashes but i got that weird client disconnect that doesn't let you reconnect unless you restart the server. the difference is now it shows "charactername has logged in/out" on the server console window when trying to reconnect or change characters. before updating TFS to the latest version it didn't show a login/out mesasge.

Last edited:
okay I might finally have found out what is crashing the client, just need to confirm with @OTHst if he is using this?

I just found out I was using the dat and spr from this and they seems to not be compatible with the datapack yet

with vanilla 10.98 spr and dat everything is fine
I'm using vanilla spr and dat in my client. But since I changed to the latest item.otb from tfs I've only experienced server crashes.

Edit: Just increased the server ram a lot and tried to play while monitoring the server. Never used more than 3gb of ram so it's not that I'm running out of ram.

Last edited:

This code change seems to have it!

I've been playing for some time now without any server crashes but I did get one client crash though.

How come this isn't part of the current code?

Back