• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Ranger's Arcani] What kind of PvP server would you like?

What kind of PvP server would like to play?

• Constant PvP server without restarts and seasons, with occasional events.

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Constant PvP server with 1 month seasons and prizes after every season.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Seasonal PvP server that lasts for 1/2/3 months with prizes after season, restarts after some break.

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

Kuzyn

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Logo_RA.png

Hello!

Probably some of you are familiar with Ranger's Arcani RPG server, but even if you're not please take a moment to read and vote in our poll! :)
Right now we're running a nPvP server which was meant to be a PvP at release, but it wasn't ready enough. Now, after some time we're ready to launch PvP server, but we're not sure what kind of it would you like to play.

We're considering three possible options:

• Constant PvP server without any restarts and seasons, with occasional events focused on PvP aspect.

• Constant PvP server with 1 month seasons, at the end of each season we will give physical (gaming stuff) and digital (RA coins - our premium currency) prizes for the best players and guilds in PvP ranking during past month.

• Seasonal PvP server that lasts for example for 1/2/3 months and ends after that time. At the end of this kind of server we will give, again, physical and digital prizes for the best in PvP or/and in other rankings (digital prizes would be usable for the next season or on nPvP server). This kind of server would be launched again after some break, of course everything would be wiped (maybe 1 month or longer?).
What do you think? What kind of PvP server suits you the best? Even if you don't consider playing on Ranger's Arcani, please vote or take part in discussion. Maybe it would help other servers to know what type of server players like these days.

No resets please :D
Its more fun to play on a server without losing all his items and experience after a month.
If I want to lose my stuff im playing 7.6 servers

I choose number one

No resets please :D
Its more fun to play on a server without losing all his items and experience after a month.
If I want to lose my stuff im playing 7.6 servers

I choose number one
Some players prefer short seasons with a chance to win something :) But I understand your point. I hope that more people will comment and vote on this, for example take a look at voting on our Discord (same order):
1594565624266.png

Can you name one game that uses "short seasons" with a hard restart? Bonus points if the game is MMORPG and/or we can call it "success".

In Path of Exile you do not lose your character, it's just put into permanent league. I wouldn't call it a hard reset, would you?
If you want to enjoy the newest content with a fresh market, then yes, PoE has a hard reset every 3 months.

As OP's suggestion is very similar / nearly identical to PoE's system, minus the standard league, it's a valid game/mmorpg comparison.

If you want to enjoy the newest content with a fresh market, then yes, PoE has a hard reset every 3 months.

As OP's suggestion is very similar / nearly identical to PoE's system, minus the standard league, it's a valid game/mmorpg comparison.
Fair enough, but why would you add conditions to my question?
I didn't ask about the newest content with a fresh market in any means. Anyways, thanks for the answer, I'll take it as a euphemism of "No, I can't think of such a game", however. Was just curious

Can you name one game that uses "short seasons" with a hard restart? Bonus points if the game is MMORPG and/or we can call it "success".
I think that we can point out many different OTS that didnt last long and they pretended to be a long term projects. They got restarts very often and players come back to play again. The main difference for that idea would be that you play this kind of short season server for prizes and you know when it ends.

Fair enough, but why would you add conditions to my question?
I didn't ask about the newest content with a fresh market in any means. Anyways, thanks for the answer, I'll take it as a euphemism of "No, I can't think of such a game", however. Was just curious
Oh I'm sorry, let me rephrase for your idiotness.

If you want short seasons with a hard reset, then yes, PoE has a hard reset every 3 months.

Oh I'm sorry, let me rephrase for your idiotness.

If you want short seasons with a hard reset, then yes, PoE has a hard reset every 3 months.

Man, you have to chill a bit, why would you start random insulting over the internet?
I just asked about the same system not the similar one, not the "almost the same", not the "nearly identical minus the X, Y and Z". This was question out of curiosity because I do study games, game dev, and especially game systems (and their impact on player's affiliation to the game) and I couldn't think of such a game. I even highlighted "hard reset" at some point...
You don't have to be a dick over internet just because I asked a question, what's wrong with you.

@Kuzyn;
Yea I agree with that statement about OTSes pretending to be permanent and I do appreciate the honesty of owners who stand it's temporary at the server start.

@down:
@Xikini; I'll end this discussion right now, because it has no sense.
First of all, Path of Exile is MMO Hack and slash, not MMO RPG, second BulawOw admitted that it's not hard reset since your character stays (but on another world). I'd call it shot seasons and successful, and I - by no means - want to discredit PoE or Ranger's Arcani. I just say it does not fit my question, that's all. And it's not about semantics, I phrased this question in this very manner, because I wanted to get a very direct answer.

Last edited:
Man, you have to chill a bit, why would you start random insulting over the internet?
I just asked about the same system not the similar one, not the "almost the same", not the "nearly identical minus the X, Y and Z". This was question out of curiosity because I do study games, game dev, and especially game systems (and their impact on player's affiliation to the game) and I couldn't think of such a game. I even highlighted "hard reset" at some point...
You don't have to be a dick over internet just because I asked a question, what's wrong with you.

@Kuzyn;
Yea I agree with that statement about OTSes pretending to be permanent and I do appreciate the honesty of owners who stand it's temporary at the server start.
I couldn't care less about why you asked the question, I only care that you disregarded a perfectly valid answer to your queury.

Short seasons? Check.
Hard Reset? Check.

Bonus points;
Mmorpg? Check.
Successful? Check.

Arguing semantics just because you refuse to accept a valid answer doesn't mean my answer is any less valid.

poe is not a mmorpg. there is no mmorpg with seasons.
For the topicx. best is longterm server but there is no good ots owners to support this style.
A good example is rangers arcani, advertised themselves as a serious longterm RPG server. But it lasted 1 month, admins immmedietealy started saying there will be new servers, so everyone left because whats point of playing when they already give up on first world?

Without restarts, but with more places, monsters, quests ect.. after breaking the high lvl :)

I've been watching Ranger's Arcani grow ever since 2015 when I made posts about how interesting the server was to me and begged to be able to test it. It's grown a lot over the past 5+ years and I'm really impressed with what the server has been able to accomplish in terms of uniqueness and quality content.

I'm sure most people know it isn't easy to make a successful project that's popular and last a long time. There has been a decent amount of worthwhile servers out there but lacked players and eventually shut down. There's so much that goes into having a successfully running server.

With that said, are you planning on having two different worlds? A non-pvp and a pvp? If so that can be problematic because it can split your player base up. If you don't have a large enough player base to begin with then it could cause your server to die out. In theory it sounds nice, but it could cause problems. How many consistent players are you realistically planning to have?

I would have to say long term with no reset. The content progression has to be slow/fast enough to keep the players constantly engaged while the developers are adding content. If your players progress faster than what you can produce, they will hit a wall, get bored, and quit.

This trend with servers that resets every couple of months is pretty lame and I'm not a fan of it. I suppose I understand that the average persons attention span has gotten worse over the years and that having "seasons" on a server is an attempt to reel in those players that got bored and quit within the first week to month. That and it's a way for servers that die out to have a chance at reviving their server by having some kind of seasonal reset to keep luring players back in. Ideally you would want to prevent your server from every dying out in the first place, but of course easier said than done.

I guess you can't deny that some players love the idea of a fresh server start with the chance to be the best, having a new economy, or winning rewards. Thing is that how can you make it so that players aren't bored of doing the same content each reset, having the same items, spells, etc.. Even if you add a few things here and there, chances are it won't be exciting enough for players to keep doing it over and over again.

You can't compare Path of Exile to an RPG server lol. The new leagues every couple of months introduce new content, mechanics, items, build meta change, etc.. it spices up the game enough to where you are excited enough to play it again. I have thousands of hours in Path of Exile but I still hate doing Act 1-10 leveling, and a lot of the other tedious aspects that reset within the season.

I love the concept of pvp but not the 3rd party software that many people use. That among other reasons is why I would play the non-pvp server. I just don't want to be playing a server with only 20 people on it while the majority of players are on the pvp world. That's why splitting up your player base can be hard unless you know for sure you will have hundreds of consistent players.

poe is not a mmorpg. there is no mmorpg with seasons.
For the topicx. best is longterm server but there is no good ots owners to support this style.
A good example is rangers arcani, advertised themselves as a serious longterm RPG server. But it lasted 1 month, admins immmedietealy started saying there will be new servers, so everyone left because whats point of playing when they already give up on first world?
Just to make some things clear - we're running the same server since start, 10th month right now. We said that we will launch another server, not reset =) And why? Becasue we wanted to give a fair start for everyone with permanent PvP since day 0. On our current server there was a PvP mode for some time but we turned it off because of unexpected problems.

@Zasranets
Thanks for such a long comment!

Yes, we're planning to have multiple worlds, for sure nPvP and upcoming PvP. We don't look at the current player base but we look at those players who left because of our decision to turn off PvP permanently. We aren't able to predict the future. Some people tried it by saying that server will die 3 days after launch so...

The main reason for playing seasonal server is:
  • short-time fun and not demanding much time from player;
  • protracted battles and guilds dominance on longterm servers can be boring and unsatisfactory;
  • it's more about challenging yourself vs others than doing quests, solving puzzles and mysteries;
  • you're fighting for prizes.

I'm not the fan of this option but we proposed it because we know that some players may enjoy it. Our results from poll are different than those on Otland and main difference is that on our Discord actual people who tried RA are voting. For now it looks like this:
1594725153740.png

To be honest, right now we're still thinking how to do it properly. The funny thing is that the second option can be a great solution to please both sides.

the thing i most love in medivia is it never reset, more servers should be like that
I agree that Medivia is one of the best examples in our community. People are coming back to RL Tibia many times not only for new server but the old ones aswell and Medivia shows us that it is possible even in community-runned servers/games (I know that they want to distance themselves from Tibia but we know how it is :p).

I'm not the fan of this option but we proposed it because we know that some players may enjoy it. Our results from poll are different than those on Otland and main difference is that on our Discord actual people who tried RA are voting. For now it looks like this:
View attachment 47459
This might be because there are people like me who left discord and this project cause of non-pvp. That why you might get different voting results.

Back