• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux [Rasp-Pi] Global address issue in config.lua

Cheddar121

Reaction score
So I have a Raspberry Pi 2 running a TFS 0.3.6.

Two things are happening.

• I set my IPv4 address in config.lua:
I can login using my domain address (.no-ip.org) and enter in server game. BUT my friends get stuck in character list. They can see theirs characters but they cannot connect to the server.
And when I check my ports in http://www.************/index.php?portchecker
BOTH 7171 and 7272 shows that everything is ok.
(even when I swap my domain to my global ip)
a2feadb87b.png
  • I set my global IP address in config.lua:
Here, everything goes wrong. Either me or my friends can connect to the server, and the port checker says that both 7171 and 7172 are closed.
77edadb49a.png

Well, I don't have any idea about what is happening. Even with my CS graduating knowledge I can't see what is going wrong in there.
Thank you in advance, for reading. :)

your loopback ip looks fishy, how are your network interfaces set up?

cat /etc/network/interfaces

firewall.
Raspberry Pi does not come with any Firewall.

your loopback ip looks fishy, how are your network interfaces set up?

cat /etc/network/interfaces

interfaces said:
auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0

allow-hotplug eth0

iface eth0 inet manual

auto wlan0

allow-hotplug wlan0

iface wlan0 inet manual

wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

auto wlan1

allow-hotplug wlan1

iface wlan1 inet manual

wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
Btw, I'm using eth0.
Thanks for the answer :)

I remember I had a similar problem, and I had to play around with network interfaces to get it working. Though its a while ago I don't quite remember what I did.
I think it was as simple as requesting a static local ip, and defining the netmask.
Code:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address local_IP
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway router_IP

Unless you use wlan, just get rid of it, 127.0.1.1 could indicate its trying to use that interface instead of eth0.

I remember I had a similar problem, and I had to play around with network interfaces to get it working. Though its a while ago I don't quite remember what I did.
I think it was as simple as requesting a static local ip, and defining the netmask.
Code:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address local_IP
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway router_IP

Unless you use wlan, just get rid of it, 127.0.1.1 could indicate its trying to use that interface instead of eth0.
Nothing yet :/ there is anything that I can do to force TFS run with 127.0.0.1 as Local IP?

Nothing yet :/ there is anything that I can do to force TFS run with 127.0.0.1 as Local IP?

By configuring correct IP in config.lua, one would think it would figure out which network interface to use automatically. So I am not sure what is going on. I'm not even sure if this is the problem, its a while ago and im going on my gut feeling here. @Don Daniello probably knows something as his linux experience is way above mine.

By configuring correct IP in config.lua, one would think it would figure out which network interface to use automatically. So I am not sure what is going on. I'm not even sure if this is the problem, its a while ago and im going on my gut feeling here. @Don Daniello probably knows something as his linux experience is way above mine.
That's fine. Thank you Znote

Back