• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RAW Palette - Others

Tenebrexis

Reaction score
How can I move items from "RAW Palette - Others" folder to another category, for example "Terrain Palette - Town"?
Maybe someone already did it (sort objects from "Others") and can share his work?

Thanks for your help :)

RME folder -> data -> client (for example 1031) -> tilesets.xml (edit as you want)

I found this way, but still hope that someone already got this sorted...?

Depending on the items you are wanting to move over from others will require you to add code to certain files such as RME Folder - > Data - > Client - > doodads.xml; grounds.xml; borders.xml; ect.
If you were to add something new, let's say ids 10000-20000, to the terrain pallete you would do this first in grounds.xml
HTML:
<brush name="ground randomization" type="ground" server_lookid="10000" z-order="3530">
        <item id="10000" chance="2500"/>
        <item id="10001" chance="2500"/>
        <border align="outer" id="1"/>
        <border align="inner" to="none" id="1"/>
    </brush>
Then you are to create it to say a new pallete, you will then do this to tilesets.xml
Code:
<tileset name="Others in Terrain">
        <terrain>
            <brush name="ground randomization"/>
            <brush name="example"/>
        </terrain>
    </tileset>
But now you decide to add borders to this ground, so now you need to open borders.xml. Don't forget to change the border id to something that already has the id, also border align="outer" is the outside border of the ground when you have autoborder on. Also don't forget to change align outer in grounds.xml
Code:
<border id="135"> -- example --
        <borderitem edge="n"   item="10003"/>
        <borderitem edge="w"   item="10004"/>
        <borderitem edge="e"   item="10005"/>
        <borderitem edge="s"   item="10006"/>
        <borderitem edge="cnw" item="10007"/>
        <borderitem edge="cne" item="10008"/>
        <borderitem edge="cse" item="10009"/>
        <borderitem edge="csw" item="10010"/>
        <borderitem edge="dnw" item="10011"/>
        <borderitem edge="dne" item="10012"/>
        <borderitem edge="dse" item="10013"/>
        <borderitem edge="dsw" item="10013"/>
    </border>
It is very important that you test these borders constantly to see if you get them correct.

Now let's say you want to add some doodads you would first open doodads.xml
Code:
<brush name="doodad example" type="doodad" server_lookid="20000" draggable="true" on_blocking="false" thickness="25/100">
        <item id="20000" chance="10"/>
        <item id="20001" chance="10"/>
        <item id="20002" chance="10"/>
    </brush>
Then you would open up tile set's and essentially do what you did with the terrain ground randomization but you would change the tag from 'terrain' to 'doodad'

I've already done this countless times already so I figured I could help you out

Back