• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand Re-opening Staff Recruitment Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since we were last looking for new moderators. We currently have 11 members of our Staff (Moderators and Administrators) and over 60% still visit the forum every single day! For the curious, the last time we were looking for new staff members was in 2011.

While some users may think that moderators are inactive, that is very far from the truth. We handle almost all reports within 24 hours (some escalated reports sometimes need 2-3 days), with most reports handled within an hour, any time of day. Because we have not had new moderators for a while, our team has gotten very good at enforcing similar standard of rules, which can never be completely fully spelled out. In case you do not know about them - there are "global" Otland rules on this board and per-board rules posted in sticky threads around the forum.

Despite expected, generally downward trend in the global (Open)Tibia community, our forum has actually grew in the past year. I like to think that some of earlier processes contributed to that fact (such as not losing any more content by having attachments permanently secure on Otland) but the reasons can be varied. I have also seen some very old members come back to being active in some shape or form. Some (including me) are not active in the same way as they were before, such as playing or running servers but there is no reason for this community to be abandoned any time soon.

In addition to the improvements we've been doing recently, I feel that we can all benefit from inviting new people to take on some staff positions. Not because we desperately need them, but because new voices may be healthy for us. This also means that we may not, in fact, pick anyone this round. Therefore, I am reopening the Staff Recruitment Board. You can apply for a moderator/staff position by posting a new thread in there. You cannot see other threads - only the author and the Staff can see the threads.

I will actually quote the "rules" of applications from 2011 as they are still valid:
There is no template that you need to follow for your application, but it would be useful for us to know your age, where you are from, which languages you understand, which times on the day you usually are online. You can also include which boards you would be interested to moderate, and if you would like to help us writing articles you can let us know that too.

For moderating boards, you must have had at least some past activity in the specific board you are applying for. You need to have a good reputation (and no, not reputation points!) in the community and you should not have any personal issues with any other member in the community.

For article writing (tutorials, tips, etc.), you will need decent English skills, not because you should use difficult words because you shouldn't, but because we want well-written articles which are easy to understand. You don't need to tell us about your English skills in the application though, we will look at your posts in the forums and judge from that.

Positions we consider applications for are:
  • Board Moderators
  • Global Moderators (much higher bar than Board Moderators as these are typically filled with Board Moderators being promoted over time)
  • Article Writers (yes, 8 years later we still have articles and we should have the role of a distinguished Writer)
  • Any other position you care to justify you should hold! It may be hard to convince us though.
I will keep the recruitment open until we are satisfied with the applications. Good luck!

Hello people from earth, I'm really satisfied to write my first apply into Otland positions.

Now, I'm totally drunk and probably will be sincerely as possible.

- I'll start with a gif, because gifs cause a good impression.

giphy.gif

Well, I really dont know what will be relevant, but in all opportunities I tried to help new ones, and participate of relevant conversations of the forum.

My names Rodi, 25, I love cats & dogs. I've a medium company software in Stones market.

I love you guys, all the board.

and Otland helps me a lot, I`ve gratitute for that place and a broken toe(true). Thank you.
/
Ah, I'm a developer(fullstack), probably the worst possible.

Position: who needs me, I just want to help and create content if necessary

Last edited:
You're meant to post your application as a new thread in this board, not as a post in this thread.
You can apply for a moderator/staff position by posting a new thread in there. [...]

But hey, if you want everyone to see your beautifully written applications, fine by me! :)

Last edited:
its not a problem, the world is public <3

You're meant to post your application as a new thread in this board, not as a post in this thread.

But hey, if you want everyone to see your beautifully written applications, fine by me! :)

Just wanted to quote this from Mark "and you should not have any personal issues with any other member in the community. ".
and leave.
GL to everyone who wants to moderate.

I will keep the recruitment board open for at least one more week.

Can't open it, is it working?

#edit
nvm, now I can open it. Dunno why your link in main post doesnt work for me.

Last edited:
Wish everyone best of luck with their applications. 🧡

I would love to be apart of the staff team. I have been with otland since 2007 if I remember correctly. I am not the best coder in the world but I definitely support you guys and would love to help in anyway possible. I am constantly on the forums already and could be even more active with a staff role. You would get nothing but the best from me because I am a dedicated otland member. Let me know if there is anyway I can help!

I would love to be apart of the staff team. I have been with otland since 2007 if I remember correctly. I am not the best coder in the world but I definitely support you guys and would love to help in anyway possible. I am constantly on the forums already and could be even more active with a staff role. You would get nothing but the best from me because I am a dedicated otland member. Let me know if there is anyway I can help!

1.png

Glad to see that the community cares about the good condition of all Forum, my name is Felipe Rodrigues I'm 28 years old I'm Brazilian, although I do not bring content, I always like to go through all areas during these 10 years I'm here and walk the boards seeing the good topics and also alerting the bad ones. I would be honored to receive an invitation to moderate and have the opportunity to do our best for our community. mainly helping our Brazilian friends who come by.

Already participated in another Forum where I followed a career for a long time I started as an intern and I finished as a mapping coordinator.

and today being part of Otland would be very important, I hope to be present when you need it!

Thank you.
Att, Felipe Rodrigues

i recommend Gesior.pl

I made the account in 2009 but I was here before then. Anyway, none of this matters as far as becoming a staff member. It all depends what type of help they are looking for. I would be better suited as just a forum watcher than anything else. Though, I wouldn't mind the motivation to hone my skills as a developer. From database knowledge to actual C++ coding and optimizing. I started Otland when I was like 10-12. I am 24 now. Needless to say I grew up on Otland and everything I know about coding is thanks to this site. Many good memories from creating servers and helping others. I would love to give back as much as I have been given from these guys.

-Itutorial

I made the account in 2009 but I was here before then. Anyway, none of this matters as far as becoming a staff member. It all depends what type of help they are looking for. I would be better suited as just a forum watcher than anything else. Though, I wouldn't mind the motivation to hone my skills as a developer. From database knowledge to actual C++ coding and optimizing. I started Otland when I was like 10-12. I am 24 now. Needless to say I grew up on Otland and everything I know about coding is thanks to this site. Many good memories from creating servers and helping others. I would love to give back as much as I have been given from these guys.

-Itutorial
You can give back without being staff member.

You can give back without being staff member.
Yeah, I would never do that without a staff position. Sorry if this sounds rude or anything but... duh? Also, I try to help out whenever I can even without a staff position, yes. Not sure why you even needed to say that. Cpt. Obvious I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back