• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Real or Custom (Your suggestion/comment is highly appreciated).

Which type should I use considering all my facts below?...

• Real Map

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Custom Map

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of you, if not all, are saying "custom map" but in my experience, real maps get more players and custom maps don't attract many people.

Isn't this true?
I guess this is in most cases.

Ya its true
Most Realmap Ots-Player play that and can download Waypoints and Bot then..And they want to be cool on Realmap Ots.

Remember, it's not only the map that counts. A detailed, well-made map is nothing without unique scripts.

That is true also but I think I have that under control...
I may not be the best scripter, but I am good enough to meet players needs.

Also...
If I was able to pay someone to track real tibia's map, nearly 100% of it over some time, would it be better than custom?

Last edited:
That is true also but I think I have that under control...
I may not be the best scripter, but I am good enough to meet players needs.

Also...
If I was able to pay someone to track real tibia's map, nearly 100% of it over some time, would it be better than custom?

Never ;)

Also, your scripting is good, don't worry :)

More comments and suggestions please...
I am trying to find a good mapper atm.

Also, any suggestions on a good dedicated to start?
I heard serverloft.com was good.

More comments and suggestions please...
I am trying to find a good mapper atm.

Also, any suggestions on a good dedicated to start?
I heard serverloft.com was good.

Better off buying a 300$ tower + shit monitor and host at your house, if you got good internet

Better off buying a 300$ tower + shit monitor and host at your house, if you got good internet

669287474.png

Good?? :huh:
I am on wireless internet atm also.

669287474.png

Good?? :huh:
I am on wireless internet atm also.

Not enough. It will maybe be enough to host 200players on a custom map.. But then you cant do anything else.

If you got chance to upgrade your net speed do it and purchase your own server. If you cant upgrade go for dedicated

Not enough. It will maybe be enough to host 200players on a custom map.. But then you cant do anything else.

If you got chance to upgrade your net speed do it and purchase your own server. If you cant upgrade go for dedicated

or maybe he should first see how many kids will even play his server? The biggest mistake 50% of people make is upgrading net/comptuer before its even done <_<

or maybe he should first see how many kids will even play his server? The biggest mistake 50% of people make is upgrading net/comptuer before its even done <_<

You are right! He should host at his home computer the first week until he got some players. Then renting/purchasing the things he need

Custom Map with no Teleports like roxor or any of that map :p

1. Good Custom Map Without Teleports
2. Real Tibia Map
3. Roxor / Evolution shit ots ^^

Roxor used to have 200+ players online so you can't call it a shit.

Well both is always an option later on.
And if I were to buy a real map, I would want one that is tracked very well like no other released here.
I'd basically be paying a tracker...
If you want something done right; do it yourself ...

I was planning on doing that anyway :p

If you want something done right; do it yourself ...

Good advice except I can't map <_<

serverloft,

Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX200 with Intel D5000 Chipset
1x Intel Xeon DP E5405, 1x Quadcore
4 GB DDR2-RAM ECC
2x 250 GB SATA II HDDs, 7.2k rpm
RAID 1
5,000 GB data transfer included
Server location in Frankfurt/Germany or St. Louis/USA

pretty cheap hosting, and would host easily a rl map with 300+ players.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and people can say what they want about roxors maps/servers, but i learned alot from ripping apart scripts and making new ones, especially from the help i received over the year, if you dont like the whole teleport feel then just add your own custom sections, maybe revamp the main town, to make it so they have to leave the town to go hunt monsters like in a rl map, or better yet, cut every piece of the rl mapyou want and add it to yours....

my server used to peak at 300 players, before the DDoS attacks

Thanks for all of the comments.

Roxor used to have 200+ players online so you can't call it a shit.

lol? I wrote my opinions? Lol I dont care if it would have 10000000 people online its still a shitty map <_<

Guys, please don't turn this into a big argument.
I am trying to start a project, I really want some comments and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back