• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Real or Custom (Your suggestion/comment is highly appreciated).

Which type should I use considering all my facts below?...

• Real Map

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Custom Map

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDB

OtLand Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello OTLand members.
As the tile says, I am trying to compare these two types of maps.

Listen up!
Either type, if I were to host, would be greatly made.
Since I am going to spend a few hundred dollars on a map, surely the map will be perfect.
I want to make a server that is fun and will attract lots of people quickly...such as an RL Map most likely would.
Although if I were to purchase a custom map that is big and fun for players, that would be awesome.
Stuck between these two makes everything hard to decide...I kind of want to make donation money but I also want to have a great server and community.
That is my first goal. (Great Community).

So which shall I use?...

Note:
The server will be dedicated.
(Company still undecided...suggest that also)?!

If the custom map is good, I prefer custom. But if it's not good i'do rather play Real Map:p

Agree with Henkos, even if I don't really play tibia. If you get something good, maybe I can host it.

I have tried many times to inform Neon of my actions..on purchasing a great map, possibly from him.
He has never responded with a straight answer. I supposed I can search for other good mappers...
It's just I am not good at mapping whatsoever, so I have no chance with a server without a good map.

Custom Map with no Teleports like roxor or any of that map :p

1. Good Custom Map Without Teleports
2. Real Tibia Map
3. Roxor / Evolution shit ots ^^

I have tried many times to inform Neon of my actions..on purchasing a great map, possibly from him.
He has never responded with a straight answer. I supposed I can search for other good mappers...
It's just I am not good at mapping whatsoever, so I have no chance with a server without a good map.

Neon isn't the only good mapper in the OT world..

@Up,
That is true, though I love his style and motivation techniques.

@Topic,
More suggestions are welcome! :thumbup:

If you are able to make a fully working real map with all quests, you should do that IMO, but why not get both?

I prefer real map, but at THIS time, better with Custom as there are already like 100 real maps.

If you are able to make a fully working real map with all quests, you should do that IMO, but why not get both?

Well both is always an option later on.
And if I were to buy a real map, I would want one that is tracked very well like no other released here.
I'd basically be paying a tracker...

as you stated you'll pay for a map, then how to revamp a real-map,
mixing edron with venore maybe, and similar stuff :eek:

so Real combined with Custom :eek: or revamped 100% real!

@Up,

:eek: nice idea.
Although I still need a mapper and a good real map...

Most of you, if not all, are saying "custom map" but in my experience, real maps get more players and custom maps don't attract many people.

Isn't this true?
I guess this is in most cases.

Most of you, if not all, are saying "custom map" but in my experience, real maps get more players and custom maps don't attract many people.

Isn't this true?
I guess this is in most cases.

RL MAP | 50-150 online| , 60% of them are botting 30% afk at trainers, 10% Not botting or Skilling At trainers

Custom MAP 40-80 ppl online25% Botting~, 40% Trainers rest of the ppl playing manual :p

well depends on what u want :p

I want an active and large community.

Well both is always an option later on.
And if I were to buy a real map, I would want one that is tracked very well like no other released here.
I'd basically be paying a tracker...

I thought about the scripts & quests

@Up,

:eek: nice idea.
Although I still need a mapper and a good real map...

That was my problem for months, I can script but when it comes to mapping.. I'm horrible. But I found a mapper :p Even tho I have to pay for it.. im not that worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back