• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Reasembled's Sprites

You use normal paint? :blink: why don't you use photoshop or gimp?

I Was Trying To Make It Shine ^^ Lol But AnyWay I Fixed It And Started The Pants
This Is How The Set Is So Far

View attachment 11902
View attachment 11906

Also Im Gunna Make A Script So That When U Use The Armor (Right Click It)

It Turns Into This

View attachment 11905

And A Sword, Bow, Or Wand Appears Till U U Use The Armor Again

Regarding the armor, the sword's hilts are bendy? ;)

and btw, challange accepted :p it is quite hard to get size x perspective correct haha, but i'll have a go

the sword hilts were ment to be blendy cuz i wanted to make like a scimitar
for the set

BTW : im too used to paint ^^ ill continue to use it

Last edited:
ok, but with scimitars the handle doesn't bend the blade does..
Anyway it looks good nonetheless,
btw i made your challange monster :p

yh like i said, i can easily make it better, just wanted to try it :p haha, i'll edit it another time, focusing on my sets atm, and hmm, blue vs. green isn't a great combination if it is bold colours. Try using a turqoise and green or a pale green and blue.
The hilt arms or w,e are too basic, add some unique feature with them, like spikey, curvy, etc. Also handle is too small.

you can do the sword diagonal, and then you can shade it more easily and natural.

Like this:
lunapic_132692161542151_8.gif

Last edited:
oks i need some ideas ^^ im kinna blank i was making an armor had a great idea but my mind suddenly went completely blank xD (this is how the armor i was making was goin :Armorin.png)

also about the scimitars, i took my inspiration from this :

images (2).jpg

i'm not so sure about the colour, but that may just be personal taste, good design tho

And i'll let you off with the scimitars after seeing those pics with the bent handle ;)

the sword hilts were ment to be blendy cuz i wanted to make like a scimitar
for the set

BTW : im too used to paint ^^ ill continue to use it

If you make things with more pixels its almost impossible to make it look good with just using normal paint. With other programs you can use tools like you're painting, so its more easy to get better light and dark effects. If you think photoshop is to hard, try gimp, its very easy to use.

@limos, i only ever use paint and mine aren't bad. Shading is easy with paint, but i understand it is even easier with gimp and photoshop because is it done in less than half the time.

Think of it like this, a meal is only as good as the cook.
Therefore the sprite is only as good as the spriter.
A good cook shouldn't need a fancy kitchen to make a fancy meal
Therefore a good spriter shouldn't need any fancy programs to make a fancy sprite

:D great logic.
bye.
xD

@limos, i only ever use paint and mine aren't bad. Shading is easy with paint, but i understand it is even easier with gimp and photoshop because is it done in less than half the time.

Therefore the sprite is only as good as the spriter.
Therefore a good spriter shouldn't need any fancy programs to make a fancy sprite

:D great logic.
bye.
xD

I strongly disagree. Using gimp or photoshop has nothing to do with time. I still spent moslty like 3/10 hours sometimes days on 1 sprite. Also its not that such programs do the work for you, you still have to make it yourself. The shape, the basic colours, you don't have a tool for that. But when it comes to shading, the paint tool and dark/light tool just make it look alot better. Not because it will go faster, but because de sprite will get more colours and therefor look better on shading. When I make a sprite I moslty have like 20/50 different colours of 1 type of colour. Its almost impossible to make that with using normal paint.
And not only shading, also with colours it can improve a sprite. When you made something and you don't really like the colour, for example if its to green, to dark or to light, you can easy make it in a way you want.

Also I disagree that gimp is a fancy program. Its free, small and easy to use. In many ways it looks like normal paint, only with extra possibilities.

Without good ingredients its still hard to make a good meal.

Last edited:
No i never said gimp was fancy i was just making a point.

You can get a range of shades for a colour in paint?

Plus you DON'T need 50 colours, about 8 shades most!

I'm not saying photoshop or gimp are bad. Far from it, they are great programs, i am just stating a point that paint is still fine to use, it IS harder and more time consuming in paint! That sprite that took you hours in paintshop or w,e would of taken a lot longer in paint especially what you just stated about the colours and lack of tools in paint.

Also that cook point i made, i was infering that a good spriter would be able to make a good sprite, regardless of his or her program used to make it. Hell, i can even make a decent sprite in microsoft word!
Not saying i'm necessarily great, but its easily do-able

A freind of mine did this Elvish set: Ravauvial
He says these are free to have:

Elvish Set:
2j1ocwp.png

Coins:
2ywiknl.png

Why are your sprites reserved, are'nt thay all suposto be free to all. This is a free OT

Last edited:
Back