• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Rebel's Mapping Collection

lol, always me who post comments ;)
A mountain by the sea
First of all, in the south east corner, a dark spot? XD
It looks kinda good but u should try put some more smaller stones :)
i found a little mapbug, so ill post a pic:
screenshot2011019131248.png

Your caves is so big so u have to either put more stones and other deccoration, or make 'em smaller.

Hope my advices helps!

oh thats the sea, i added that in alrdy didnt know i took the ss with it there

yes, i see once again i have miss placed the mountain ground >.<

Can I make a suggestion? Take pictures ingame, with no stretch/skew selected and 25% ambient light. Use a torch or lamp under your feet if you are a GM and take pictures, then cut out the game window and save it.

I ask this of you because the pictures you post here are too large, take too long to load and looks plain ugly in the map editor.

The mapping itself needs work, but that's why we post pictures here in this section, to learn and improve ourselves. Take a look at some of the more well known mappers works on this forum, look at how they detail nature and how you do, then try to emulate. By doing this you are learning how to properly place details and make professional looking maps. Just don't copy PLs please, warning you now you will get flamed.

Sincerely,
Leftwing

Can I make a suggestion? Take pictures ingame, with no stretch/skew selected and 25% ambient light. Use a torch or lamp under your feet if you are a GM and take pictures, then cut out the game window and save it.

I ask this of you because the pictures you post here are too large, take too long to load and looks plain ugly in the map editor.

The mapping itself needs work, but that's why we post pictures here in this section, to learn and improve ourselves. Take a look at some of the more well known mappers works on this forum, look at how they detail nature and how you do, then try to emulate. By doing this you are learning how to properly place details and make professional looking maps. Just don't copy PLs please, warning you now you will get flamed.

Sincerely,
Leftwing

I think your advices is good, but I got 8 mbits internet and no server, so i cant log in and take prints... help? (A)

I think your advices is good, but I got 8 mbits internet and no server, so i cant log in and take prints... help? (A)

Hosting a server on your computer has nothing to do with internet speed, since you are the host it will not affect you, only other players. Also if you still can't get a server up to take pictures try cutting out specific areas in the map editor, not just posting the whole area.

This tutorial explains everything, from the point of setting up your database to even providing a download link to the official TFS 3.6.
http://otland.net/f479/nothing-full...niform-server-forgotten-server-0-3-6-a-77593/

Follow that tutorial,
Leftwing

Sincerely,
Leftwing

Thx for ther advice leftwing, i do often look at yours, neons and alot of others mappers works to see what details they put it in. and im jsut a mapper i dont actually have an ot

Back