• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Referencing streams on the profile panel

Blackstone

Legendary OT User
Reaction score
Whenever a mapper/player/developer started streaming he usually had to send a post "Just started a stream" and then "Just ended the stream" randomly.
I suggest to implement some kind of reference to the profile panel. Somewhere here:
1603883012093.png
If an option in the setting is set there should be an additional icon that shows if a member does stream and if it's online or not. (And if possible the category is "Tibia")

And maybe (not exactly) it would look like this (ref):
1603883584280.png

I personally would enjoy that feature but do not know if this is easy to implement or not and it would definitly help me to reconsider streaming/posting my progress more often.
To actively support streaming might not just convince me to stream but maybe some others as well. Hypothetically it could generate more activity on the forum overall.

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestion. As it's gotten a few votes, I've investigated the matter.

What I can do is add a profile field - and so I've done - with the Twitch username that anyone can fill in right now. I always made this field show up next to the message (on the left) along with Github username for better visibility. Previously it was only visible when someone actually navigated to one's profile.

I've looked the addons linked in this thread and none of them actually do what @Blackstone suggested - showing status of active stream. The unmaintained script linked earlier would be disastrous if I did add it - it has no caching. The other two addons, which are not free and therefore we can't just test them immediately, are simply embedding the player on Otland. I doubt it's worth anything, the viewing experience is much better on twitch proper anyway. It would also require the staff to maintain the streams we actually feature, that would require rules around that. It wouldn't actually show active stream notice next to people's posts - which is what I think would be best (and what @Blackstone actually suggested). Therefore, I'm not inclined to go with any of those addons.

If anyone has an idea for a custom addon, wants to develop it and commit to updating it for many years, we can have almost any functionality. But someone needs to step up and do it. To have an addon here on the forum it's not just a problem of paying whatever $$$ it costs. It must be continuously updated (which may cost extra), the developer must actually be still maintaining it (frequently addons get abandoned) and it cannot have bugs/incompatibilities with other addons we have. That is actually a pretty high bar. We already have over 10 addons installed that you may or may not realize and every single addon I add means more time spent testing them with every update of either core XenForo or any other addon by me.

I hope this is good enough for now.

Thank you for the suggestion. As it's gotten a few votes, I've investigated the matter.

What I can do is add a profile field - and so I've done - with the Twitch username that anyone can fill in right now. I always made this field show up next to the message (on the left) along with Github username for better visibility. Previously it was only visible when someone actually navigated to one's profile.

I've looked the addons linked in this thread and none of them actually do what @Blackstone suggested - showing status of active stream. The unmaintained script linked earlier would be disastrous if I did add it - it has no caching. The other two addons, which are not free and therefore we can't just test them immediately, are simply embedding the player on Otland. I doubt it's worth anything, the viewing experience is much better on twitch proper anyway. It would also require the staff to maintain the streams we actually feature, that would require rules around that. It wouldn't actually show active stream notice next to people's posts - which is what I think would be best (and what @Blackstone actually suggested). Therefore, I'm not inclined to go with any of those addons.

If anyone has an idea for a custom addon, wants to develop it and commit to updating it for many years, we can have almost any functionality. But someone needs to step up and do it. To have an addon here on the forum it's not just a problem of paying whatever $$$ it costs. It must be continuously updated (which may cost extra), the developer must actually be still maintaining it (frequently addons get abandoned) and it cannot have bugs/incompatibilities with other addons we have. That is actually a pretty high bar. We already have over 10 addons installed that you may or may not realize and every single addon I add means more time spent testing them with every update of either core XenForo or any other addon by me.

I hope this is good enough for now.
I think it's a good start. I personally would not display the whole name there because it does kinda break if it's too long.
1605455443993.png
I would rather do it like: "Twitch: Stream" where "Stream" does use a link instead of displaying the configured username itself. (if possible)

Anyways we should do some additional research on how to display the status as well.
Because I think that's the biggest benefit of displaying it right there.

Back