• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Releasedates!

lol olo lolo l lo lol olo ó_O

I'm very, very interested in the number of new bugs new version will bring. Imao, 0.3 should still be marked as alpha.

I can't stand when every time you release something with 23423423323 bugs, which of course could be fixed easily by you. Instead of that you're just waiting for this fucking RELEASE DATE which is changed day by day. Can't you upload fix faster? Do you think some new features will be more important than stability? Or, maybe, you really don't mind this server will be used by people? What's more, new ideas with mounted-in-server GUI (ones that covers communication with players) are pointless. Who cares about it when most servers are administrated via command line? If not, why won't you create new tibia client and auto responder so that OT administrators won't need to do anything?

The way you create TFS - caring more about extra features than stability and bug-free code - makes me angry, and I'm impatiently looking forward for more, new, astonishing features.

I'm really impressed of what you've made until now and I can't even imagine how good will it be in the future.

Amen.

As Talaturen said on the 0.4 roadmap thread, 0.2 focus was stability, 0.3 is new features and 0.4 will be performance.

With new features, is normal to appear new bugs.

Now on the release candidates stage is the time to bring back the 0.2 stability.

But don't forget how much time it took 0.2 to be stable - not called but indeed stable. Do we want to spend the same amount for 0.3 to become really stable and the same for 0.4?

I personally don't mind new features as long as they don't overdrive stability and key-features. A server is a server - it's supposed to be stable. Stable, stable, stable ;)

But don't forget how much time it took 0.2 to be stable - not called but indeed stable. Do we want to spend the same amount for 0.3 to become really stable and the same for 0.4?

I personally don't mind new features as long as they don't overdrive stability and key-features. A server is a server - it's supposed to be stable. Stable, stable, stable ;)

Well, if you don't need new features, just continue using 0.2.

Read my post again. I don't mind new features if they are less important than stability ;) Of course, they may keep on adding new ones instead of taking care of users' bug reports but there's no point of doing so.

I personally don't use 0.3 but I've heard voices of disappointment with fixing bugs.

i think maybe they should take an extra week to prefect the server.. or could release it to some more beta testers.. and then they could point out more problems and help fix them?

lol olo lolo l lo lol olo ó_O

I'm very, very interested in the number of new bugs new version will bring. Imao, 0.3 should still be marked as alpha.

I can't stand when every time you release something with 23423423323 bugs, which of course could be fixed easily by you. Instead of that you're just waiting for this fucking RELEASE DATE which is changed day by day. Can't you upload fix faster? Do you think some new features will be more important than stability? Or, maybe, you really don't mind this server will be used by people? What's more, new ideas with mounted-in-server GUI (ones that covers communication with players) are pointless. Who cares about it when most servers are administrated via command line? If not, why won't you create new tibia client and auto responder so that OT administrators won't need to do anything?

The way you create TFS - caring more about extra features than stability and bug-free code - makes me angry, and I'm impatiently looking forward for more, new, astonishing features.

I'm really impressed of what you've made until now and I can't even imagine how good will it be in the future.

Amen.

wasn't you releasing own distro? so what are you doing here?
you cannot rate how we work just because of releases. its pointless to refix 3483792423 times one 'release', thats for release candidate stage with 1-5 patch levels that are leading partially to rc2. alpha and beta are testing, also, what are the bugs? shutdown issue, houses, what else, huh? anyway, talaturen keept me 4 months delaying 0.3 releases and none blamed him

As far as ive seen no one pays them to make TFS? So why even bother complaining about their work when its more then enought.

They are using their freetime to make this distro, so be happy for anything thats beeing done. Its better then that they just stop doing anything isnt it?

I personally love how TFS is made and will continue using it and help in any way I am able to.

I have some problems with update database(MySQL) from 0.2 to 0.3 version. In console I get this error: getDataInt(expired).
Who know what's mean this error?

#edit
I know what's mean this error. This error mean that table 'bans' is damaged, but I don't know why, maybe update process is broken?

Last edited:
But RC1 isn't the final version.

#edit
Maybe better, but login server as game world is not good... login server must be a separate application...

#edit2
Hmm.. It need to add the option-style -noloadfiles that was only for login to server, it would be better than a separate application

Last edited:
I prefer stability and performance above new features as well but you cant blaim anyone for their work since they do it for free so please STFU!

But RC1 isn't the final version.

#edit
Maybe better, but login server as game world is not good... login server must be a separate application...

#edit2
Hmm.. It need to add the option-style -noloadfiles that was only for login to server, it would be better than a separate application

[tfls] Index of / :)

It won't get delayed this time? Not meant offensive or something. Just a question.

I think they would have changed the date already if it would be delayed again

Back