• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Releasedates!

You'll be debugging revnet in 3 days? The official dev team's already spent a week on it...

The revised network system has a rewritten connection system, and all players are using one thread, the server will use alot less ram than it used to.
It'll also lag much less with high player counts.

...does revnetsys create more threads when there are more processors? If not, it should to make best use of the hardware. Also, probably wouldn't want ~500 players being handled on the same thread..

Last edited:
You'll be debugging revnet in 3 days? The official dev team's already spent a week on it...

It'll also lag much less with high player counts.

...does revnetsys create more threads when there are more processors? If not, it should to make best use of the hardware. Also, probably wouldn't want ~500 players being handled on the same thread..

That was with their features, might be some of TFS' custom features that is no longer compatible with the new network system so I'll be waiting in three days for bug reports and also patch the commits from OpenTibia SVN to TFS. About more threads to handle player actions I've not seen anything about that, but I might've just missed it while checking thru revnetsys changes.

So Talaturen I kind suck at english but you're saying that you'll wait 3 days for bug reports on the version 0.2.6 right??? so taht means it's already out???

That was with their features, might be some of TFS' custom features that is no longer compatible with the new network system so I'll be waiting in three days for bug reports and also patch the commits from OpenTibia SVN to TFS. About more threads to handle player actions I've not seen anything about that, but I might've just missed it while checking thru revnetsys changes.

I was implying that you might want more time, actually.
As far as the threading thing, they probably don't, but I guess it doesn't matter much.

@Up: No, but it's probably "ready".

Keep this great work =D

we gonna love you haha

Last edited:
It may be delayed again..
Btw, will the delay mean that the following releases are delayed 3 days too?

seems likely. I sortof hope they do delay it a little, and add in some of the optimizations added with revdbsys.

dont see why it'd delay future releases unless it was a particularly long delay, like a couple weeks or something.

Last edited:
It may be delayed again..
Btw, will the delay mean that the following releases are delayed 3 days too?

no way another delay but he said that he will only delay it 3 days...

scriptha that is probable speacilly if the 0.2.6 is delayed again

6 people currently viewing this post. We are all waiting patiently for you guys to finish. Hope all is going well. :)

It'll be released tomorrow.

Today is the day ^^ again..

if its not gonna released, can't you give a beta version, so we can bugtest too?

Back