• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remains of Divinity - Development Thread

Even though it uses stolen sprites, I can say that this server has a great gameplay proposal with new spells and abilities.

Even though it uses stolen sprites, I can say that this server has a great gameplay proposal with new spells and abilities.
Every OT in the scene is using cips sprites. Whoever started b1tching about sprites being ripped of each other is the biggest hypocrite ever

will try this ot

Every OT in the scene is using cips sprites. Whoever started b1tching about sprites being ripped of each other is the biggest hypocrite ever

will try this ot
Nope. He is stealing also from Ravendawn which is different game (they don't use Tibia sprites) and from Return of the Saiyans (they got own sprites of everything).

Anyway, the server looks promising. I've seen many OTSs using beautiful stolen assets to attract players and convince them to buy tibia coins, and other than that they had nothing interesting to offer. This project seems different. Lots of good mechanics. I hope you will replace all the sprites with your own soon after the release to make it a "new game".

Nope. He is stealing also from Ravendawn which is different game (they don't use Tibia sprites) and from Return of the Saiyans (they got own sprites of everything).

Anyway, the server looks promising. I've seen many OTSs using beautiful stolen assets to attract players and convince them to buy tibia coins, and other than that they had nothing interesting to offer. This project seems different. Lots of good mechanics. I hope you will replace all the sprites with your own soon after the release to make it a "new game".
knighter used cips files for several years, still is on archlight

i dont really care too much about the topic, but sounds kinda dumb to me

My focus is on new mechanics and ideas, the sprites are just to run away from tibia appearance, and my plan is to change them little by little with time if the server goes well

Last edited:
Finally I finished most of the quest line missions from lv 8 to 100, now Just some adjustments and polishing, I think the game will be read for a Beta test.

There's more than 300 quest line missions from more than 60 different npcs, and more than 10 bosses...and all of that just in the main quest line.

There's also the dungeons with bosses and kind of tasks like the task board and daily tasks.

Check the Teaser, with just a small taste of the quests and monster mechanics

It doesn't look bad. I keep my fingers crossed for the project. Just one caveat. I know it's a full custom map, etc., people don't know it and probably won't want to get into the story or the content of the mission. But please don't make everything easy, that oh, click here, the arrow shows here, that in fact the game itself leads us to the solution. However, some people still like challenges :), but I still wish you good luck!

I'll make one more edit because I've seen the video now.

Priest is a priest after all. He somehow tells me from above that he is a person who uses light or darkness. Why did you add ice bowls to the priest, when that's actually the role of the magician? Just a question :)

It doesn't look bad. I keep my fingers crossed for the project. Just one caveat. I know it's a full custom map, etc., people don't know it and probably won't want to get into the story or the content of the mission. But please don't make everything easy, that oh, click here, the arrow shows here, that in fact the game itself leads us to the solution. However, some people still like challenges :), but I still wish you good luck!

I'll make one more edit because I've seen the video now.

Priest is a priest after all. He somehow tells me from above that he is a person who uses light or darkness. Why did you add ice bowls to the priest, when that's actually the role of the magician? Just a question :)
The arrows indicating where to go or click, marks on the map, etc. Are only provided at the beginning, from lv 8 until 40 they keep decreasing until you have to find things yourself.

This is made this way, so the player can learn the features and the map without feeling frustrated or lost at the start.

I Myself had problems like this when playing new custom ots, "Enter the game, be completely lost and log out without knowing how to start"

Maybe at the beginning, guides and tips that help directly will be enough, and then just create a script to show the area on the minimap, or in the game, so that players guess where it is but they have to look for it themselves. Such a gradual lead by the nose and then keep looking?
EDIT
First of all, if you create a large map, people will not want to walk around and look for heads. Tibia is not World of Warcraft, where quests are the main task in obtaining really better things. This is Tibia, you come here, kill and conquer. I think that a lot of people want to create a different game than Tibia (changing the meaning of the game) and that's why people get lost, because instead of killing thousands of monsters and earning money, they come up with some difficult tasks. I'm not saying it's bad, but Tibia players know a different game and they expect a similar game.

Last edited:
Dude, your project is really good, keep going! Consider just using a shorter and easier-to-memorize name, since more people from other countries will play and many don't know the full translation of your game. Otherwise perfect.

Dude, your project is really good, keep going! Consider just using a shorter and easier-to-memorize name, since more people from other countries will play and many don't know the full translation of your game. Otherwise perfect.
what do you mean by names? the actual game name? or other things like monsters and items?

if you are talking about the game name, that's why there's the short version from "ROD"

updated the main post with a new trailer, and a few new videos (vocations, quests and bosses, outfit/items glow)

Back