• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remembering the old forums..

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone here remember TibiaFans.com? This was one of the very first forums I joined - it started mainly as a "Real Tibia" fan site, I found it because I was looking for an alternative to the real tibia websites forum boards and from there.. well, the story begins. 10+ years of memories, this game; actually I take that back, this community became such a big part of my life over those years. There is no way I will ever be able to forget the things I have learned with all of you.

People around here have been talking about changing the community because of what it has become, well I think a big step in doing that is taking note of where we came from to begin with.

Do any of you remember any old members, or were you one yourself?

Remembering all the oldies: Black Swordsman, Orshy, Gihow, Konix, Tala, Blazed, Cosmox, Trinexx, Caid, Zubin, Affect, Zoidman, Bluemangroup, Element, Flames, Pyro, Invincible AznX, Mighty Goober, Sawyer, Buddah, Cookie, Gfx-master, December<3, Lburn, Snufufles.

Features: Chat Box, Ventrilo, Tibia Library/Knowledge Base, Arcade, Unique Reputation System, Server List, Forum Statistics, SOTW, Tibia MapShare, Market-Center.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060203014347/http://www.tibiafans.com/forums/index.php

UfSt2we.png

kvsXQRj.png

qKLTkkU.png

Then does anyone remember, tibiaug.com?

DzF4vy0.png

Remembering the oldies: Hux, DarkstaR, Caid, Tala, SamDaMan, Soldidous, Evo, Fenom, Knightess, Cloud Filth, Saerik, Sawyer, Orshy, Silent Reaper, Gihow, Jo3Bingham, Messed Around, Naro, R3ignlasting, HolmaN, Winnie, Bear, Luls, XtrmJost, Ryujin, Kaotic, Clay the hippy.

Features: Top 10 Stats, Xbox Live Gamer Stats, Chat Box, TUGBot, Arcade, Radio and TV, SOTW, Market-Center.

Note: Missed alot of people and features, but oh gawd do I ever miss the old days when English players had multiple forums to choose from. Oddly enough, each community had its own feel.

I remember TibiaFans not allowing any "real tibia maps" on the forums, while on OTLand you could post and download them as you'd like. TUG formed after Hux, Caid and others decided to make their own forum because they didn't like how TibiaFans was going.

It's crazy to think about how long it's been and how much things have changed. Do I ever feel old.

Last edited:
Very cool post. I'd love to see a chat box :)

By the way, miss the old rep system <\3

I remember TibiaFans not allowing any "real tibia maps" on the forums, while on OTLand you could post and download them as you'd like. TUG formed after Hux, Caid and others decided to make their own forum because they didn't like how TibiaFans was going.

Neither did OTFans, I think that was the main reason why otland became so big :p

OTLand became big because people could sell all their stuff on the site.. and couldnt on Fans.. OTLand had the money making real map files. xD I remember downloading my 8.4 tracked RL map from OTLand. Spending about a week tweaking small bugs/website.. setting up donations... and a month later having a stacked daopay... AAhh... Those were the days when there were 900000000 8.4-6 rl maps.... you could host one not do anything to it.. be a shit OT.. and still get 200 players ... rl map files gave OTLand relevancy. Thats how OTFans died.. wouldnt allow rl maps xD and now you can't even link sites that come close to selling content lol

Last edited:
OTLand become big because people could sell all their stuff on the site.. and couldnt on Fans.. OTLand had the money making real map files. xD I remember downloading my 8.4 tracked RL map from OTLand. Spending about a week tweaking small bugs/website.. setting up donations... and a month later having a stacked daopay... AAhh... Those were the days when there were 900000000 8.4-6 rl maps.... you could host one and still get 200 players ... OTLand had the rl map files to do it so why not.. everyone did ? Thats how OTFans died xD
nice 900 million servers. I played all of them everyday. I was top 1.

Lol I think you are all forgetting that OTland became so big because of the fact that Otfans shut down, and I and everyone from there basically came here lol

Lol I think you are all forgetting that OTland became so big because of the fact that Otfans shut down, and I and everyone from there basically came here lol
OTLand and OTFans competed for a while... I remember being logged in on both for a while... a year maybe more? OTFans shut down because no one was using it lol and I guess the guy was tired of paying for it?
Like I said.. OTLand became big because thats where the RL Maps were. Thats the main reason....
I remember posting things on OTFans... and people would link me to OTLand to find the answer or file lol

Last edited:
@macedoon - Oh gawsh, yes. I remember when I first joined TibiaFans (this is completely off topic to the Mappers Guild), but they had a TibiaFans guild/group on the forum that consisted of easily 40-50 people that all played on one world and we would all go on hunts and pk/troll players. Obviously leading to some hilarious memories that can't be forgotten. I honestly wish I had a time machine, to go back when people truly enjoyed playing Real Tibia. Well, let me reword that.. to when people still had faith that CipSoft wouldn't ruin the game with anymore stupid updates. Before those updates that came every summer and winter that made you think, oh god.. what are they doing? To be honest, I couldn't thank CipSoft enough for those crappy updates. Coming to find all of you on these forums, passionately creating your own version to keep that feeling of Tibia alive; it all helped steer me onto the road I'm on today.

I couldn't agree more though, @Sir Knighter. A chat box would be absolutely amazing - I wish the administration here would put a little more thought into the structure of the community here. Anything allowing us to communicate a little better (chat box + instant messenger styled private messages) or a more indepth ranking and reputation system that possibly allows us to change username colors, titles or even have symbols in our name. I find vBulletins reputation system was on-point for our Tibia based community.

So for starters, you could have lame little symbols next to your name once you reached a certain level. Like really lame, but you know.. actually kind of cool in a way. Let's me easily tell who's a well known/liked member. Okay, pretty cool and lame at the same time.

QbEOSmN.png

With rep you also had unique "quotes" that would show when hovering over your bar of rep. Below it doesnt show the images for the rep because web.archive.org wont show them.

Ylq6b73.png

The Rep even had a good vs evil style like this. (also shows the images)
A9okxo2.jpg

It was an entertaining system. It also allowed you to leave a comment while giving reputation, and the amount of rep the user receives depends on how much rep you have. So let's say some that is 500+ rep, and they rep you; you may get 10 rep points compared to someone with 100 rep, and you would only get 3 rep points.

Overall the structure of the forums had something we could use to "moderate" the forums as users in a sense. It made browsing the forums, and getting "good" reputation an enjoyable experience.

@macedoon - Oh gawsh, yes. I remember when I first joined TibiaFans (this is completely off topic to the Mappers Guild), but they had a TibiaFans guild/group on the forum that consisted of easily 40-50 people that all played on one world and we would all go on hunts and pk/troll players. Obviously leading to some hilarious memories that can't be forgotten. I honestly wish I had a time machine, to go back when people truly enjoyed playing Real Tibia. Well, let me reword that.. to when people still had faith that CipSoft wouldn't ruin the game with anymore stupid updates. Before those updates that came every summer and winter that made you think, oh god.. what are they doing? To be honest, I couldn't thank CipSoft enough for those crappy updates. Coming to find all of you on these forums, passionately creating your own version to keep that feeling of Tibia alive; it all helped steer me onto the road I'm on today.

I couldn't agree more though, @Sir Knighter. A chat box would be absolutely amazing - I wish the administration here would put a little more thought into the structure of the community here. Anything allowing us to communicate a little better (chat box + instant messenger styled private messages) or a more indepth ranking and reputation system that possibly allows us to change username colors, titles or even have symbols in our name. I find vBulletins reputation system was on-point for our Tibia based community.

So for starters, you could have lame little symbols next to your name once you reached a certain level. Like really lame, but you know.. actually kind of cool in a way. Let's me easily tell who's a well known/liked member. Okay, pretty cool and lame at the same time.

QbEOSmN.png

With rep you also had unique "quotes" that would show when hovering over your bar of rep. Below it doesnt show the images for the rep because web.archive.org wont show them.

Ylq6b73.png

The Rep even had a good vs evil style like this. (also shows the images)
A9okxo2.jpg

It was an entertaining system. It also allowed you to leave a comment while giving reputation, and the amount of rep the user receives depends on how much rep you have. So let's say some that is 500+ rep, and they rep you; you may get 10 rep points compared to someone with 100 rep, and you would only get 3 rep points.

Overall the structure of the forums had something we could use to "moderate" the forums as users in a sense. It made browsing the forums, and getting "good" reputation an enjoyable experience.

I think the issue is the team here isn't as active. I will never mean this in a negative way, they are supplying this amazing platform for us to use.. for free..... But i feel like theres alot of things that could be added/change on otland to improve the community vastly.

The rep system was the shit.. cause when you got in on someones support post, and had that fat green rep bar, you felt like
hqdefault.jpg

Why did they get rid of it :(?
BRING IT BACK!!!!

IMAGINE!! We could do this to homies lol
obx91st8k.png

Last edited:
I remember being part of these forums:
OpenTibia.net
Open-Tibia.de
Otfans.net
Tibiahelp.com
Opentibia.com
TibiaKing.com

Oh wow, so many memories !
I went by the name Marencian on all those old forums. One name that stood out in your first list was Trinexx - I haven't seen that name in over 10 years! I played Pacera with him back in ~2004.
Ahhh the nostalgia

@thatmichaelguy - Oh my god, my first world was Pacera! So nostalgic, right!? I was browsing through the web archive and was literally shouting out in excitement after not seeing the names in so long.

My first world was Nova :D hell lot of fun with the HAPPY TIBIANS guild :)

@Extrodus Baha my first world was Pacera too! I still have sooo many fond memories! My name on Pacera was Ringmouth (awful, right?)
I remember I was a founding member of the Realm of Lost Souls guild, which ended up merging with Order of the Flaming Phoenix at some point.
I was pretty young and cared way too much about Tibia back then =|

tibia.de was the best, remember when I was noob and blindly followed the recommended spells list marked with '*' or '**' depending on importance x) And then get mad cause some spells were premium spells and I didn't have it.

I know this is a ridiculous bump from 7 years ago, but I feel a reminder of where we came from is needed now more than ever.
Was just reading User you miss from Otland (https://otland.net/threads/user-you-miss-from-otland.267762/) and found myself searching for tibiafans and the old users there, so many memories, if only I could talk to all the people from back in the day.

Also, I think its time OTLand gets a chatbox.. its long over due <3 Maybe a revamp on the rep system!?
Bring back SOTW forum where people learn photoshop, oh; and can we bring back Life Threads where people document their character progress?

Last edited:
Back