• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remembering the old forums..

I miss forum groups, specially "me br lol, no ingles"
S1uNOFX.png

Just remember guys. One day it will happen, one day you'll come to visit OtLand and it will be no longer. Hopefully in a lot of time to come :(

Just remember guys. One day it will happen, one day you'll come to visit OtLand and it will be no longer. Hopefully in a lot of time to come :(
Exactly!

All good things, but I don't really feel like now is the time of concern. Development has really taken off in the last year or so. Its still good to reminisce over good memories. I too was a member of otfans.net and some of the other older communities, but otland, its become a great home because its always here, otland has lasted well over a decade and I'm so happy everytime I get that url result :D

PS. Tala, I'm pretty sure was Talaturen, aka mark samman, the owner of otland and creater of The Forgotten Server. I could be mistaken, but it just seems quite probable to me.

Thanks @Extrodus for the trip down memory lane. I was around for Tibia Fans and also the demise of it mostly when Tibia UG came around. I was a moderator over at Tibia Fans, I can't remember the username but hey, I changed my username a lot switching between communities which is why my name has never stuck over the years, I guess!

I have wondered if anyone really remembered those forums, but it seems they do!

t4wh5v34qxm71.jpg

When I think about old times. It's crazy how open tibia changed my life. I stopped playing real tibia immediately as soon as I got into the first OTServer.
I use to be a loyal otfans member as I didn't like the way how Talaturen servers were build. I didn't like to have an own application for my server I'd rather have a console.
Started by editing hex-codes from compiled server.exe as I always wanted to have a red message 'Congratulations! You killed ....'. I was so ambitious that I learned how to compile a server (with no knowledge at all). At that time my older brother had full control over our router and he gave me the choice to have 1 port open, either 7171 or 80 - not both of them. I choose 7171 and figered out how to have a successful server with no custom accounts. So World War 7.6 server was born where you could login from 1/1 to 9/9 into top 25 characters from real tibia's top worlds and have great fights in modified thais map. Took me a while to build up that server but later my brother wanted to have a own GM and much more benefits which I declined and which also lead into a closed 7171 port - server went offline. Open tibia is the reason why I learned so much in programming.
Never forget the roots I learned so much from.

I still remember otcommunity.net but I don't think there was a forum there, the site was just a source of files, maps etc.

Anyone remember that little forum that was mainly focused on OTserv programming? I don't remember the link but there was a strong team of programmers... one of the users was someone named Druid Elf

Last edited:
I wasnt there for otfans but i was there for gold age of tibia.net.pl ahhh age 12 editing yurots source and figuring out on my own how to make maxhp and mana after level i felt like a genius. Hosting that first ot and learning about logging into php my admin on root no password and injecting a php file editor into someones server has been rewarding 😀 i even managed to make gm characters on some random otses and download they datapacks hosted on shitty ahh webserv

Yep, I feel old, I go back to sleep again

Back