• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Remere's Map Editor for Mac OS X

rsdsebek

C++/LUA coder
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently I was working on my OpenTibia project actually only on Mac OS X, and I was finding running RME through Wine to be a huge pain in the ass (performance and bugs like not rendering modifications done to map). I was trying to compile RME on Mac OS X, since Remere shared his code to the community. Finally I managed to compile it - working stable with no crashes. Actually to compile it on OS X, the source code needed few bugfixes. So, to the point. Saying honestly I don't know what's linked to the binary, and what's not, so I will write what I've installed to compile it:

Firstly: get Homebrew - it's a package tool for OS X, something like apt-get in Debian or yum in Fedora.

Go to the Terminal and type:
Code:
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/go/install)"
In order to compile RME I installed boost, wxmac and libarchive libraries, so if you can't run my binary go to the terminal and type:
Code:
brew install boost
and check if it works, with that do the same:
Code:
brew install wxmac
Code:
brew install libarchive
It will take some time, but don't worry - if things go well RME will run without a problem.

One and only visible bug, that I was lazy enough to not fix is lack of File, Edit, Map, View, etc. labels on Finder bar. But don't worry - it's there, it's only not labeled. It looks like this:
Zrzutekranu2014-04-28o020945_zps6b4d32ba.png~original

I am attaching binary with data/extensions directories along with source code. I hope it will help someone. Enjoy!

My best
Sebastian

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Also you could send your modifications for github repository, it's useful for os x users...

I did all the steps and when I go to open rme it says: “rme” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
Any tips of how to get this working? Loving the idea though!

I apologize for the possible double post? But I can't find the edit post button lol... I figured out that problem^ but now it won't load and the terminal opens and says:
Last login: Thu Jun 12 13:57:44 on ttys001
Steves-MacBook-Pro:~ Steve$ /Users/Steve/Desktop/rme-master/rme ; exit;
-bash: /Users/Steve/Desktop/rme-master/rme: Operation not permitted
logout
[Process completed]
Nothing opens up :x

Hi,

I am releasing RME-OSX in .app format - all you have to do on OS X is to drag and drop Remere's Map Editor to your applications folder. Of course you don't have to install all the libs from the first post. Also I fixed bug with blank menubar labels, because after some time working on RME-OSX, it was beginning to drive me crazy.

DMG: https://mega.co.nz/#!uAUHnCpR!T47WIXzL7ed_Kpp26VTA8mwaC4D9WIIgrWQSSXX7jR8
Source: https://mega.co.nz/#!2YdiUZSR!V03m731zY9OT_h27gvgqfuNkTwPh9JXl10MB5Lghnt4

My best,
Sebastian

Any possibilities that you could post a new link, from maybe SpeedyShare? Can't seem to download it through MEGA.
Highly appreciated!!

Sure, but have in mind, that after some time speedy*****malware.localhost link will expire :p
http://speedy*****malware.localhost/cX9wT/rme-osx.dmg

Its saying that the .spr and .dat file is an incorrect signature can you please explain/post the proper setup please? (this is for the .app)

Its saying that the .spr and .dat file is an incorrect signature can you please explain/post the proper setup please? (this is for the .app)

When it's saying, that .spr and .dat file have incorrect signature it means not other thing than .spr and .dat having incorrect signature. You probably have modified dat or spr, so go to the Client Version and uncheck the option "Check file signatures" and click "Ok". Setup? The only thing you have to do is drag and drop "Remere's Map Editor" from the dmg to the Applications folder :D

My bestj
djseban

When it's saying, that .spr and .dat file have incorrect signature it means not other thing than .spr and .dat having incorrect signature. You probably have modified dat or spr, so go to the Client Version and uncheck the option "Check file signatures" and click "Ok". Setup? The only thing you have to do is drag and drop "Remere's Map Editor" from the dmg to the Applications folder :D

My bestj
djseban
I was using tibia 10.37 .dat and .spr files, I switched to 10.35 and it worked perfectly, thanks anyways though ^^

Could someone help me out uploading the 8.6 spr & dat files? I can't install the tibia client inorder to get the files on my mac.

Thanks for sharing! Works perfectly bar Mods, any idea how to load Mods on Mac? Found the Ext folder inside the App but no Ext work inside the map editor :/

Where do i put the .spr and the .dat on the .app D:
I'll be nice to map again after 8 years c:

Does it work on 10.6.8?

Back