• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ Remere's Map Editor - Ground Floor

Dries390

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew which particular pieces of the Remere source code I should look at to have it render floors > 7 looking from z = 7. I was able to implement the changes to my server/client but now i'm trying to edit the mapeditor so I can see what it looks like without having to log in. I'm using the latest code from

Thanks!

Thank you Cosades, I found out two days ago but the change is -relatively- simple. For anyone interested just change

C++:
 C/C++ CODE HERE
if(options.show_all_floors) {
        if(floor < 8)
            start_z = MAP_MAX_LAYER;
        else
            start_z = MAP_MAX_LAYER;
}

at lines 112-117 of map_drawer.cpp in the Remere source code and recompile.
The only problem with this solution is that it offsets floors > 7 as you scroll up higher making it seems like the underground is floating but it all looks fine if you log in. It's also not really a problem seeing as the main issue was making it easier to line up the floor 7-8 transition.

If anyone's interested; I've also discovered how to make the daily night-day cycle continue down into the lower floors if they're not covered for a little bit more realism.

EDIT: for future reference, I did so here:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thank you Cosades, I found out two days ago but the change is -relatively- simple. For anyone interested just change

C++:
 C/C++ CODE HERE
if(options.show_all_floors) {
        if(floor < 8)
            start_z = MAP_MAX_LAYER;
        else
            start_z = MAP_MAX_LAYER;
}

at lines 112-117 of map_drawer.cpp in the Remere source code and recompile.
The only problem with this solution is that it offsets floors > 7 as you scroll up higher making it seems like the underground is floating but it all looks fine if you log in. It's also not really a problem seeing as the main issue was making it easier to line up the floor 7-8 transition.

If anyone's interested; I've also discovered how to make the daily night-day cycle continue down into the lower floors if they're not covered for a little bit more realism.

Feel free to make a small tutorial - surely some people will find it useful

Thanks. This should save me a few minutes of time in the future.

For my own needs, I intend on extending client, server, and mapper to support 48 levels, the upper 32 being split in the middle as the bottom 16 are, (for maximum backwards compatibility)

Back