• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remeres Mapping Questions

Cadyan

Reaction score
1. Is there a way to import a map with z coordinate offset?
2. Is there a way to import objects (like a house, or boat) without the previous ground tiles being removed upon importing?
3. Is there a maximum map size before the map editors run out of memory? (I tried SimOnes OT Map Editor, and it ran out of memory with a large map size)
4. Is there any way to convert OTX to OTBM, other than the OT Map Editor method?

I have added a third and fourth question to my list. Bring up my post!

Still unanswered. I assume the answer to every question is "no", or "idk".

bumping from the third page~~~

Last edited:
Solution
First of all, calm down.
Just because I told you that you could find all these answers with the Search-function, doesn't make me an asshole.
I answered all your questions because you were merely answering if it was possible or not.

1. There is no function for including z-coordinates when you're importing a map in Remere's Map Editor. If you want to import it to a specific z-level, then just select that level while you're importing, alternatively, another workaround would be to copy it to the x and y offset then manually transfer the piece down or up on the map with copy-paste.

2. If you import objects, such as trees etc, they won't remove grounds. If you import a groundtype, it will replace the existing one. So in some cases, you can...
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

If you would dedicate some energy into actually using our lovely search function here on OTLand, instead of very patiently waiting for someone to deliver the answers to you, you'd have found all the answers to your questions by now.

instead of being an asshole why dont you link me? I already searched the entire forum for a z-coordinate offset option
you think I didnt dedicate time? thats cuz you are assuming - durr

Are you guys both blind? I am asking for Z Z Z Z Z Z ZZ Z Z Z offset not fucking x and y.
Is there a way to give a "worst answer" for Kaspar? Joke of an answer. Kaspar do you even know how to map or what a z coordinate offset function even is? And if you're so certain that you can convert OTX to OTBM without using Simones editor, then tell me how big boy.

Last edited:
you should be more friendly with the ones that are trying to help you ¬¬
the other way to do that its ctrl + shift + drag the mouse, then u must press ctrl + c and paste it in the other map.I have no idea about how to do it in another way :/

Felipe you're fine, Kaspar is just being annoying. He is going on a power trip when he has no idea what he is talking about

First of all, calm down.
Just because I told you that you could find all these answers with the Search-function, doesn't make me an asshole.
I answered all your questions because you were merely answering if it was possible or not.

1. There is no function for including z-coordinates when you're importing a map in Remere's Map Editor. If you want to import it to a specific z-level, then just select that level while you're importing, alternatively, another workaround would be to copy it to the x and y offset then manually transfer the piece down or up on the map with copy-paste.

2. If you import objects, such as trees etc, they won't remove grounds. If you import a groundtype, it will replace the existing one. So in some cases, you can do what you're asking about, but in some cases, you may not. I.e you can't import an area of grass, on an existing area of water, and still keep the area of water. It's contradictory.

3. Yes there is a maximum mapsize. 65000x65000 in RME iirc.

4. >Other than the OT Map Editor method? Not that I know of. My bad, I didn't read the last part of the question.

Solution
that is a good answer thanks
btw you were insulted for assuming i didnt put effort into this already. not for a lack of a link

Back