• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Remove the wait timer

• Thread starter Deleted member 92788
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 92788

I don't see a reason why should have them.
I'm talking about "This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 8 seconds." Example; I click on find latest posts and if I missclicked and went back to click on find latest started threads it gives me a 10 sec timer and I find that really annoying. Same with the search. Even if you don't want to remove them, nerf them?

Vote!

I don't see a reason why should have them.
I'm talking about "This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 8 seconds." Example; I click on find latest posts and if I missclicked and went back to click on find latest started threads it gives me a 10 sec timer and I find that really annoying. Same with the search.

10 secs is nothing, otfans used to have 30/60 secs.. now THAT'S annoying

Like other users said, removing that would lead to a possibility of bot attacks, besides 10 seconds is nothing :)

Like other users said, removing that would lead to a possibility of bot attacks, besides 10 seconds is nothing :)

This. Massive amount of queries being executed simultaneously could lead into a DDoS attack. Intentional or not.

The reason we have timers on search is mainly because we wish to reduce/balance server load between the users to avoid lag.

(And/or the above reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back