• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster [Rented] Renting out a Dedicated Server

BeniS

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score
Special Offer
to a fellow OTLander!!

*____________________________*

Has been rented
Start: 11 June 2010-
To: December 11 2010+

If things change I will edit the page.
*____________________________*

You can trust this guy, I've worked with him. You can probably ask Peroxide too

Hello everyone,
I have a spare VPS machine that I would like to start renting out to a fellow OTLander to help host their projects or whatever they want to do. However I only have one slot left that can be filled.

The Specs: 100% Dedicated
  • Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX200 with Intel D5000 Chipset
  • 4 GB DDR2-RAM ECC
  • 1x Intel Xeon DP E5405, 1x Quadcore
  • 2x 250 GB SATA II HDDs, 7.2k rpm
  • RAID 1
  • Server location in Frankfurt/Germany
  • Windows Server 2008, 64-bit (This can be changed to a Linux based server for a small price)

905421147.png

Details:
The person who rents this from me will receive a username and password to logon directly to the VPS via remote control (all other details will be provided in private). I will maintain the server to make sure it stays up 24/7 without problems. Also I can help offer you OT based tools if needed.

Image:
4k7mmh.jpg

Why am I offering this out?
I am offering this VPS out because I have no use for it anymore, however I will still be holding onto it for the next 6-8 months (possibly longer) for one lucky renter.

Theif??
I have NO intention to theif anyone of their work nor will I be accessing the renters files at all. I am simply offering this out so that my VPS doesn't go to waste and because I want to help out. I know how hard it can be to find a fair priced VPS for hosting your own OT.

For what price?
The original price of this type of VPS is around $99-110UDS per month, I will be renting mine out for $50 USD per month (convert to your currency: Here), this is around half the price you would pay commercially. Remember that this VPS is essentially the same as a commercial type VPS only I'm able to cut 50% off the price! and of course no setup fee!

I hope I have covered all the areas that are required. Send me a PM or drop a post here and we will talk!

Payments have to be done through PayPal, this doesn't mean you need a PayPal account, only a valid credit card.

Last edited:
$99-110UDS per month

Get a dedicated server that is twice as good for that price...

hetzner.de

They have some nice deals for people running real maps, but not everyone needs that much power to run their servers.

EDIT: & the cheapest server they have to offer is $49 EUR excluding setup fee ($65 USD), not everyone wants the extras they are paying for in that package + I will have no setup fee and I will offer my OT knowledge to help the user out if he/she needs :D

Last edited:
I have to say that renting this VPS out, will be really tough for you since people turn to companies because of the insurance that they are legit.

What insurances do you have that you're legit? You could just steal our money and run away like nothing.

I have to say that renting this VPS out, will be really tough for you since people turn to companies because of the insurance that they are legit.

What insurances do you have that you're legit? You could just steal our money and run away like nothing.

Because what would I be gaining from running away with a single payment when I could actually run a service for people that is legit and get more than one payment?? I'm not a thief...I guess its a little bit of a trust thing too then.

+ I'd get the ass flamed out of me if I did scam people...it wouldn't be worth it.

There's your insurance :p

Because what would I be gaining from running away with a single payment when I could actually run a service for people that is legit and get more than one payment?? I'm not a thief...I guess its a little bit of a trust thing too then.

+ I'd get the ass flamed out of me if I did scam people...it wouldn't be worth it.

There's your insurance :p

Thats no insurance.
That's your words.
Im not saying your a scammer, but people wont trust you without you proving your trustworthy.

Thats no insurance.
That's your words.
Im not saying your a scammer, but people wont trust you without you proving your trustworthy.

lol do you know what insurance is?

people will go with companies because they hold a written contract that can be used legally if they attempt to try anything funny. What I'm trying to say is that if I was to scam people I would have a consequence too, its just not a legal consequence. I will be providing my personal details and anything else that the renter would like to know about to feel more insured about it...but realistically all I'm trying to do it help out :p not scam people for one payment....

If you don't trust me for what ever reason then don't do something your not comfortable with. But you will find that if you did give it a go that you won't be let down at all. It would actually be quite the opposite, I would be willing to help the person out with OT related tasks if they needed it (I'm a decent scripter and have hosted OTS many times before so I know how to set it all up).

Can people that are not interested in this offer please not flame the thread. Thanks

Last edited:
I wasn't flaming, I was just stating.
I know your quite trustworthy, cause you was part of Illyrium team.
As was I, then I turned inactive.

But, Goodluck in finding someone!

how is a serverloft leased server a VPS o_O?

Definition of a VPS - A VPS Web hosting plan means you share the physical server hardware with other websites, but you are allocated a dedicated slice of the system resources.

or A VPS is a good bridge between low cost shared hosting and getting a dedicated server.

so really its a dedicated server that uses a VPS to bridge it? lol eh

I wasn't flaming, I was just stating.
I know your quite trustworthy, cause you was part of Illyrium team.
As was I, then I turned inactive.

But, Goodluck in finding someone!

yea i know you weren't flaming :p I was just saying to people that will flame LEAVE haha.

Also I never worked on the Illyrium team. Maybe your thinking of something else, haha thanks anyway.

(oops double posted lmao, can someone merge this post with the one above if they have time?? :D )

thanks Albin! much love for you <3

No problemo dude, anytime :D Everyone that says he is a scammer dont need to post because you clearly don't know this guy. He has alot of knowledge in both hosting and running a server in general. Besides he is a badass scripter/programmer :)

That's the problem though, I'm not saying he's a scammer, but the price is too high when you're not all that known on OTLands for example having projects up and working.

Even if you write a legal contract we're all in different countries and abide different laws =P

Anyhow, it's a nice service and I hope more people takes the initiative to start more of such services. :)

I might be interested if you lower your prices

Kind regards,
Hokai

@UP It's not that expensive, it's better then buying a new one. And why not come up with a new deal other then just commenting the current one?

Spice my post was not directed towards you, I'm talking directly towards the author, you should not respond to something that was meant for him, since it makes no sense at all (I know you're being a douche because I speak freely how I feel, lol)

Not very kind regards,
Hokai

Back