• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

REPORT ALL 0.2 BUGS HERE (latest 0.2 svn)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he's busy! Wait. He'll patch it soon - that's my prediction :p:)

Please don't spam of this thread, we only can waiting for Talaturen commit.

skill weird thing....maybe bug

Im using TFS and the TAGs REV 683, everything was working fine.

But I`m getting some things here.

1.- Players casting spells,(from exura to gran mas flam) when trying to walk they suddently get stuck for up to 30 secs or more, they can keep on casting spells, or shooting but they won't move.... (but I dont get any error post nor anything on my server console window)

2.- Something weird happend also, players where raising their sword skills and suddently THE SKILL JUST FROZE... I mean they could stay for hours there and they wouldnt advance. The thing is several chars raising skills (with the same vocation) got stuck with this at diferent skill levels (50,56,36 and many more), and all together cant increase not even 1% more.

3.-Getting many random errors from the onThink function (some times from the SAVE NPC and some other times from stuff that never had given me a problems before) ---But like I say maybe this whole numer 3 point its not a bug nor it is important, just tought to let you guys know to see if anyone else gets this random error from time to time.

ISSUE NUMBER 2 SOLVED...SEEMS FOR SOME REASON THAT WAS ONE OF THOSE WEIRD RANDOM ERRORS ONE GETS FROM TIME TO TIME IN TFS.

BUT STILL THE NUMBER 1 ISSUE IS CAUSING PLAYERS TO NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE.

So any toughts??
Thanks

Last edited:
The following ban information isn't being stored.

Comment
Banned_by
account
reason_id
action_id

The only thing that is being stored is.
Type
Mask
Player

I've found a bug , it appears to be in "Game::transformItem" function, when you have a soft boots for example, and the item have 0 or less secconds left (is possible to bug items to have 0 or less secconds but i'll not tell for the hosters security) the server will crash ... i put a lot of print lines in transformItem function and i discovered that the transformItem is called a lot of times when a item have 0 secconds left, but the item need to have decayTo != 0 for this bug work (for this I gave soft boots as a example)

If you fix this bug please post cause i'm still trying to find a solution

thanks

posted by faramir

I've found a bug , it appears to be in "Game::transformItem" function, when you have a soft boots for example, and the item have 0 or less secconds left (is possible to bug items to have 0 or less secconds but i'll not tell for the hosters security) the server will crash ... i put a lot of print lines in transformItem function and i discovered that the transformItem is called a lot of times when a item have 0 secconds left, but the item need to have decayTo != 0 for this bug work (for this I gave soft boots as a example)

If you fix this bug please post cause i'm still trying to find a solution

thanks

posted by faramir

This was a problem on a server i worked on today.
Server crash, something to do with soft boots less than one min is all i could find out.

Alright, I've looked through and searched it, so without finding a similar one, here is my error.
Me and a friend were scouting the map for errors when after about 10 minutes into it. We got our first "freeze". It wasn't really a freeze because we could still talk and rotate our characters. It boiled down to that we had to use the square teleport command or one of use pushing the other. After that, it acted like the packets got jammed and we would run around like crazy for a few seconds. After that, it the freezes got worse, until it kicked us both and denied all connections except for internal ones. Now I know it wasn't my internet because I popped up another server and connected just fine with that. So I tried to shut it down with the shutdown feature on the GUI console and that ended up locking up the program til it became non-responsive and thus I had to terminate it. However, everytime I start it back up until I restart my computer, it would pop up with about 123,093 K Memory usage. Which double the normal when the server is actually working. CPU remains pretty minimal though until the major kick. I know the server has a High CPU problem but I've never seen a High Memory usage with low CPU and not allowing any connections. Beyond that the server works great.

I compile the server for lastest Source and the time to disappear to red skull probably work not fine.

@up

Compile without -D__SERVER_PROTECTION__

I've never compiled it with that parameter. I am re-downloading the latest SVC as I see there have been some minor updates since the last time I've compiled it.

Error on compile linux: [Revision 689 tags/0.2]
SE_MYSQL__ -D__USE_SQLITE__ -Werror -O1 -c game.cpp
game.cpp: In member function 'bool Game::playerCloseRuleViolation(uint32_t, cons t std::string&)':
game.cpp:1945: error: no match for 'operator=' in 'it = 0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/bits/stl_tree.h: 152: note: candidates are: std::_Rb_tree_iterator<std::pair<const unsigned int, RuleViolation> >& std::_Rb_tree_iterator<std::pair<const unsigned int, RuleViola tion> >::eek:perator=(const std::_Rb_tree_iterator<std::pair<const unsigned int, Ru leViolation> >&)
make: ** [game.o] Erro 1

I compiled everything into windows without error, not only in linux dev cpp uses, the more error gave perhaps the code has some incompatibility

Compile in the windows not really have problems, in most linux gave error = /
The revision 688 compiles without errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back