• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Request] Death Delay

Xexza

Reaction score
Hello. I would really really like a death delay code, working in TFS.
I am willing to pay 25 Euro for the one who code it.
If anyone is not sure what death delay does:
When you kill a monster, it will look like it 'fall' down to the ground. The monster's hp bar will be 0, but he will still stand for
0.5 - 0.7 sec (500-700 ms).
This is improving the RPG feeling a lot, and I will be so damn happy if anyone took the time to code it.
As I said, I can pay for it if needed.

Thank you!

Edit:
I was told that it already existed in TFS, but, where?
How can I change the time?

Last edited:
im sure its on the to-do list, but hey if you want to pay for it thats your call.

id look into some older servers sources for examples first if you're able.

I know, but I'm not a uber coder.
also, the old code doesnt work in newest SVN?

In checkCreature there is something like 0.5 second which makes it death delay 0 sec. I was experimenting and when you lengthen it to 1, you can notice some death delay. Once shorter, other longer. No idea how it will result in other actions but this makes it look quite good.

In checkCreature there is something like 0.5 second which makes it death delay 0 sec. I was experimenting and when you lengthen it to 1, you can notice some death delay. Once shorter, other longer. No idea how it will result in other actions but this makes it look quite good.

OMG! Thank you so god damn much Ferrus even though it was simple, but really thanks.
This kinda made my day :D
Its not perfect death delay, but as you said sometimes it looks real good

You may better make little donation to TFS for doing all this work, and also post a suggestion when doing donation (in memo/comment box), but not paying for codes, that would break tfs gpl license

You may better make little donation to TFS for doing all this work, and also post a suggestion when doing donation (in memo/comment box), but not paying for codes, that would break tfs gpl license

It's not breaking FSF's GNU GPL, you're allowed to request a fee for it, however the one who paid that can redistribute it however s/he like to (only important thing is that sources are included, and copyrights & license are not removed).

Back