• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Restart my OT!

Slasha

Reaction score
I have a question about a re-starter, sort of like a silent .bat file, but I want my admins/cms to also be able to type /restart and restart the server, I host and, apply scripts, and change things around, and my friend does the mapping, I would like so when he makes a new map he could enter it in the server for me (which I already have that set up sort of, I would finish setting it up if I could do it this way) and type /restart and the map would take effect, my server is running, but not global yet, just for me and some friends at this time, does anyone know how I could configure a re-starter?

I have a question about a re-starter, sort of like a silent .bat file, but I want my admins/cms to also be able to type /restart and restart the server, I host and, apply scripts, and change things around, and my friend does the mapping, I would like so when he makes a new map he could enter it in the server for me (which I already have that set up sort of, I would finish setting it up if I could do it this way) and type /restart and the map would take effect, my server is running, but not global yet, just for me and some friends at this time, does anyone know how I could configure a re-starter?
What TFS version do you use?

I know TFS 1.0 got a talkaction with "/closeserver shutdown" and the server kicks all players, saves and shutdown, and the restarter would start the server again.

And just create a simple bat that checks if the server is running, if not restarts.
Several restarters on the forum.

Last edited:
This man is not the time for restarter that will serve him and his colleagues to enter the server while work with the map, scripts etc?

I'm using tfs 0.4 I may give that a try, I think that may work, I at least do need to script a restarter regardless if it's scripted as a command or not just to be safe

I'm using tfs 0.4 I may give that a try, I think that may work, I at least do need to script a restarter regardless if it's scripted as a command or not just to be safe
They can use /closeserver (to kick all players and save them) /save (just to be sure it saves) and then /shutdown for tfs 0.4
Then the restarter will start the server

On Linux you can use this code in bash:
Code:
while [ 1 ]; do
    ./tfs
done
and in batch you can do:
Code:
@echo off
cls
tfs.exe
:start
cls
tfs.exe
goto start
pause

@Sofseu Writing a restarter in C++ is useless because you can write simple programs with batch or bash scripting.

My server is a heavily modified (used to be a running) server that I downloaded from a different site, most of it is in Portuguese and I had to translate a lot of things to know whats going on lol, but its a very stable server and is pretty much ready to be launched but letting my mapper do some work before its released. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Back