• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Seeking Help for Creating a Mini-Map for My Server

Piifafa

Reaction score
Hello, fellow community members,

I hope this message finds you all well. I am reaching out to seek some guidance on how to create a visually appealing mini-map for my server. I've been struggling to find suitable tools or resources to assist me in this endeavor. While I've attempted to create some maps in the past, they have turned out to be rather amateurish, and I often find myself frustrated with my attempts.

One of the major challenges I face is that my server utilizes items.srv, which limits my options when it comes to using certain applications.

My server is relatively small, catering to a maximum of 50 players, and it's my favorite hobby to work on small projects and fine-tune the server's details. I've attached an example of my amateur map for reference.

Could anyone please provide me with alternative methods or ideas on how to create an informative and visually appealing mini-map for my server? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated, and it will undoubtedly enhance the overall gaming experience for our community.

Thank you in advance for your help and expertise.
1695241840265.png

Please do not judge the format of my map; I'm not experienced in this, and I am quite amateur. However, I'm always trying to improve the small adjustments and the beauty of the map

In my opinion, a decent looking minimap should be only surrounded by water. Therefore, the fire/lava area you have in the north west of the map, should not belong on the surface. It should be on a lower floor.

You should also be looking at natural geography and the shape of some islands on other server's minimaps. I can see the furthest eastern island on your map, looks like it has been copy and pasted in as both the west and north edges are completely flat. There are also other examples of this, such as the central desert area, and other places.

In my opinion, a decent looking minimap should be only surrounded by water. Therefore, the fire/lava area you have in the north west of the map, should not belong on the surface. It should be on a lower floor.

You should also be looking at natural geography and the shape of some islands on other server's minimaps. I can see the furthest eastern island on your map, looks like it has been copy and pasted in as both the west and north edges are completely flat. There are also other examples of this, such as the central desert area, and other places.
In fact I know that, I actually sometimes copy some parts, but that wasn't my idea, it was to make a map where people can see things, in principle the aesthetics need to be improved a lot.

Back