• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Restarter 'RoC' by W-Shadow

Amped RPG

Reaction score
I found this restarter while experiencing crashes every 3-4 hours. Worked like a charm every single time I came home or woke up in the morn it was restarted and running without a hitch.

Official description by the software author W-shadow.com

'Don’t you hate it when programs hang or crash? I find it especially annoying when a background application like an IM client or a bandwidth monitor silently crashes – sometimes I only notice the problem hours later when I’ve already missed a bunch of messages. I’m sure you’ve encountered a few “Not responding” errors and some irritatingly crash-prone applications yourself.
If you have an unstable program that you absolutely need to run at all times, but don’t want to waste your time monitoring and manually restarting it every time it croaks, I might have something interesting for you.
Restart on Crash is an monitoring tool that will watch the applications that you specify and automatically relaunch any program that hangs or crashes. You can add any number of applications to monitor, enable/disable them individually and edit the command line that will be used to restart an application.
Restart on Crash doesn’t require installation and stores all it’s configuration data in a “settings.ini” file in the program’s folder, so it’s portable.'

Link to page where you can download: W-shadow.com Restart on Crash

Enjoy!

~Justin

Attachments

• RestartOnCrash-v1.5.1.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 2 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Approved

Since the file is hosted by the website of the program creators, we are not responsible for whatever happens by using it, use it at your own risk

I used to use it and indeed works like a charm, recommended for all windows users!

Ok... but how about fixing the flaws on your server instead? :p

Of course fixing the bugs on your server is optimal.. But if you want a server to run for an eternity and say you were out of town for a week and a half when a bug is suddenly found by some players and they accidentally/purposefully crash the server. No matter your location, the server will restart every time until they get bored of crashing it.

Just a worse case scenario example of why this program might be useful for even the most non-crashing servers

~Justin

All servers crash, even the perfect scripted one..
All that takes is a failed windows/Linux update that suddenly trigger a null response towards the program and it could end up crashing the server anyway.
I mean... haven't you had some other programs crashing from time to time? maybe not often but remember you've seen it at least once? like windows media player, VLC, MSN, Firefox/Internet Explorer w.e.. even notepad..

Says it all... it's not always server sided if there's a crash..

Back