• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Retro PVP Preview Next Week.

Tipic

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tjured on 02.10.2014 16:43:05:
> Hello,
>
> just to inform you: tomorrow is a public holiday in
> Germany. We will be back on Monday.
>
> Ah, and before I forget... we plan, (please
> note: plan)
to start a preview of the Retro
> Open PvP in the course of next week.
>
> So, stay tuned and have a great weekend!
>
> Regards,
> Tjuredro :cool:

/////////////////

The new Retro Open PvP worlds will be named (drum roll): Morta - Mortera

Retro PVP will have:
2 frags per kill (instead of 15 like now).
No ghosting, no swapping.
No twist of fate, no fair fight rules.

retro_open_pvp_small.png

Last edited:
What does that mean, preview of it? Like on Aurera/Aurora? Cause I know the world for it is already out :eek:

hmm, I dont rly know how it will work... maybe they will put these changes first to preview worlds then make this retro server

No, Hydera and Quilia is normal Open PvP servers.

You sure? I thought hydera was the "retro" pvp :eek: do you know the features, ninja? I only heard of eks using uhs/ice rapiers, mages using bursts, thats all. And ninja i msged you on skype [randy]

You sure? I thought hydera was the "retro" pvp :eek: do you know the features, ninja? I only heard of eks using uhs/ice rapiers, mages using bursts, thats all. And ninja i msged you on skype [randy]
Yea they are just new worlds. The new retro servers is something else.

What are the newest "retro" features besides what I mentioned?

The ones you mentioned are not the features they will bring back.
Keep in mind, this is for retro PVP, not retro TIBIA. So, they will only go back to an older PVP system.

Retro PVP will have:

I dont even know why bless even exist. Why have a punishing system if you can just avoid it if you got the $$$. Remove the bless, make tibia fun again.

Just look here:
Overall Maximum: 64028 players (on Nov 28 2007, 19:26:00 CET)

Tibia has lost its "Touch", the stuff that made tibia cool. Walking in unexplored caves thinking you'll die any second. Finding mysteries and solving quests. Actually profiting from PvP. Have you ever died after desert quest?

Today it's all about getting to as high level as possible (with bots ofc), to make as much money as possible (with moneymaking bots ofc), to maybe join the best guild and kill the next best guild in wars (with bots ofc). There is no "feeling" to it.

CipSoft is just throwing out perfect & 10/10 hunting places at people so people can use them to bot away.

Having gold means nothing, having good items means nothing, being high level means nothing.

Last edited:
Great, does somebody know what that "preview" stands for?

The ones you mentioned are not the features they will bring back.
Keep in mind, this is for retro PVP, not retro TIBIA. So, they will only go back to an older PVP system.

Retro PVP will have:
What does ghosting means? And swapping doesnt exist anymore anyway right?

I dont even know why bless even exist. Why have a punishing system if you can just avoid it if you got the $$$. Remove the bless, make tibia fun again.

Just look here:
Overall Maximum: 64028 players (on Nov 28 2007, 19:26:00 CET)

Tibia has lost its "Touch", the stuff that made tibia cool. Walking in unexplored caves thinking you'll die any second. Finding mysteries and solving quests. Actually profiting from PvP. Have you ever died after desert quest?

Today it's all about getting to as high level as possible (with bots ofc), to make as much money as possible (with moneymaking bots ofc), to maybe join the best guild and kill the next best guild in wars (with bots ofc). There is no "feeling" to it.

CipSoft is just throwing out perfect & 10/10 hunting places at people so people can use them to bot away.

Having gold means nothing, having good items means nothing, being high level means nothing.

Bless has always been around, I think even before 7.1.

I hate that online record, it means absolutely nothing. People use that number without knowing why that number was reached.
People think it was 7.6 at the time. No, it wasn't, it was 8.2 - 8.4, nothing much changed before and after. Yalahar came out in 8.6.

That online record was reached because of 2x exp week. 60,000 was never reached again in December, it was never reached before November 20.
The 2x exp week (which was rare back in the day) was the reason why 64,000 players (mostly botters) were online at the same time.

Great, does somebody know what that "preview" stands for?

It means to show something before it is officially available. In CipSoft's terms, it's like a teaser or test server.
However, the use of "preview" might tell us that they will open it for test on Aurera and Aurora, but this would make no sense and is against their plans.

What does ghosting means? And swapping doesnt exist anymore anyway right?

Ghosting is simply players walking through other players. Swapping still exists, except on hardcore-PVP.

Bless has always been around, I think even before 7.1.

I hate that online record, it means absolutely nothing. People use that number without knowing why that number was reached.
People think it was 7.6 at the time. No, it wasn't, it was 8.2 - 8.4, nothing much changed before and after. Yalahar came out in 8.6.

That online record was reached because of 2x exp week. 60,000 was never reached again in December, it was never reached before November 20.
The 2x exp week (which was rare back in the day) was the reason why 64,000 players (mostly botters) were online at the same time.

It means to show something before it is officially available. In CipSoft's terms, it's like a teaser or test server.
However, the use of "preview" might tell us that they will open it for test on Aurera and Aurora, but this would make no sense and is against their plans.

Ghosting is simply players walking through other players. Swapping still exists, except on hardcore-PVP.

Just adding some precision data, Blessings were implemented at 7.2 and the online player record is from version 8.0, a month before 8.1 was implemented. Although I agree with you, the game actually changed a lot from 8.0 to nowadays.

Last edited:
@Evan Sure the blessings has been around, but who could afford it? No one, basically it didn't exist.
Tibia peaks at 25000 players online nowadays and I can recall us having atleast 50000 peak around 7.1-7.6 when I played.

so has rl tibia changed very much? last i played was like tibia 7.8 and my map knowledge ends at 8.6, im assuming if i go exping in the same places i would 8 years ago then its going to be bad exp?
looking at the latest two servers, there are 150+lvls in less thann a month, wtf? i remember when a new server started in 2006~, the best level after a month was 70, how is it so much more exp now?

Featured Article: http://www.tibia.com/news/?subtopic=latestnews&id=2918

Okay, so preview begins today on Aurera and Aurora.

Here are the PVP rules that they brought back:
  • 2 Unjusts, which means: No matter how many characters took part in an unjustified PvP kill, only the character that dealt the most damage and the character that dealt the final blow will face consequences.
  • No Ghosting (or its predecessor swapping), which means: Everybody always blocks all other characters anywhere.
  • No Fair Fight Rules, which means: No matter how many attackers took part in a PvP kill, the death penalty of the victim will not be reduced.
  • No Twist of Fate, which means: There is no additional blessing that will protect you from losing your normal blessings in case of a PvP death.
  • Return of the Green Skull, which means: Friendly fire in parties is possible again. Also, you can train your skills online once again together with other party members.
  • PZ block for everyone, which means: No matter if you are the aggressor or the defender, as long as you take part in a fight, you will get a PZ block.
  • No expert PvP mode, which means: You cannot activate any other PvP modes. You only have the option to turn secure mode on and off.
  • No PvP frames, which means: Brown, orange, and yellow frames under your character are disabled, when it comes to PvP.
CipSoft will open 4 new retro-PVP servers.
2 for America and Europe + is blocked from transfers.
2 for America and Europe + is not blocked from transfers (they will be transformed from Calva and Calvera)

First complaint:
> PZ block for everyone, which means: No matter if you are the aggressor or the defender, as long as you take
> part in a fight, you will get a PZ block.

Seriously?
- Level 203 Master Sorcerer on Danubia, Krambusha

Hey, well buddy, that's what it was like in the old days.

EDIT: I'm not gonna lie though, I totally forgot about that, amazing how times have changed. /\

I dont understand shit from this, can anyone clarify if:

-Its manual aim;
-Its the old sprites/map/runes/dmg;
-Is it 7.6? 7.7? 8.0?

It doesn't really look like old Tibia if I read the article.

I dont understand shit from this, can anyone clarify if:

-Its manual aim;
-Its the old sprites/map/runes/dmg;
-Is it 7.6? 7.7? 8.0?

It doesn't really look like old Tibia if I read the article.

It's none of the above.
The new pvp rules are being removed and the "2 unjust per kill" rule etc. will come back.

Back