• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Revert from Ubuntu 18.04 to 16.04

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey there guys, recently updated to 20.04 and even though I'm happy with how everything handles, my 0.4 3777/3884/3996 server isnt. I previously had full stability on 16.04, and now my cast system is causing crashes ontop of other things. In hindsight, I should of just updated my PHP version on 16.04 instead of doing a full system upgrade since that was the only thing I really needed updated but figured let's do the full system.. oh, how I was wrong.

Unfortunately my hosting provider (Kimsufi) doesnt allow 16.04 clean installs anymore; so I was browsing online and have found revert 20.04 to 18.04, but nothing matching what I'm looking for - which would be to revert a clean install of 18.04, to 16.04.

Does anyone have any tips on how to achieve this?

I would not recommend going down to 18.04, because it's not or will not be supported soon.

The recommended version from me would be 20.04 - that is LTS (Long Term Supported).

I suggest running debugger on top of your server, to find issue that is causing crash, but on the latest Ubuntu version.

It should show you the reason and you should be able to repair it.
Post automatically merged:

I would not recommend going down to 18.04, because it's not or will not be supported soon.

The recommended version from me would be 20.04 - that is LTS (Long Term Supported).

I suggest running debugger on top of your server, to find issue that is causing crash, but on the latest Ubuntu version.

It should show you the reason and you should be able to repair it.

Back