• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Rift Going F2P

Ceejzor

Murica Born N Raised!
Reaction score

RIFTlogoFree.png

And strike another one off the rapidly diminishing list of surviving subscription MMOs. If there was any sub-based game not called “EVE” or “World of Warcraft” that had a possible, maybe, oh-so-slim chance of surviving with a monthly payment model, I’d have argued for Rift. If nothing else, it had a history of providing generous new content to validate its regular toll. Alas, no, Trion have now announced that, as of June 12th, Rift will be entirely free-to-play.

Actually, scratch that – this is great news. The pretty excellent Rift will be entirely free to play!

[video=youtube;WZf_2t8Yuv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WZf_2t8Yuv0[/video]

A subscriber model remains, albeit with subscribers renamed as “Patrons” – as is customary during a free-to-play transition. Patrons will be getting additional buffs, but crucially, the world won’t punish free players. “All players will have total access to the entire world,” writes Rift creative director Bill Fischer. “Every dungeon, every raid, every Warfront, and every level. We won’t be locking our content or advancement behind walls – our goal is to break down every barrier. We want more people playing together and more people having fun together.”

While new players will receive less starting inventory and character slots, Trion promise that for previous owners of the game – even those who no longer subscribe – nothing will be removed.

June 12th will also bring the game’s 2.3 update, titled Empyreal Assault, adding a new zone, world event, Chronicle and “Stronghold” challenges.

For more details, check out Rift’s free-to-play page

Credits @PCGamer

I actually loved the beta, fun game! Also pretty expected to make it f2p, obviously a winning concept.

[video=youtube;8qdumiKl-6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUNYxHRVNsWYli_i474i7_BA&v=8qdumiKl-6w&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

a very known and professional mmorpg player giving useful and detailed insight into Rift, the mechanics the gameplay & how it's not a pay 2 play game.

LOL! I FKING KNEW IT :D
I didn't want to pay to test the game because sooner or later it would go f2p :D YESSSSSS XD finally I can test it :p can I download the client now and play when it launches? XD Might want to download while sleeping xD

If ya could guys whoever start first post your server! I will join it no matter I just want to play with some of you guys :D

Otland 4 The Win!

If ya could guys whoever start first post your server! I will join it no matter I just want to play with some of you guys :D

Otland 4 The Win!

Dunno so far but an European, I hope u won't lag though :/
Btw, do you still play TERA? =P

I don't play Tera that much and it's not because it's not great it's just I got really sidetracked by league & real life stuff =/

But I hope I don't lag too, prolly wont :D

I don't play Tera that much and it's not because it's not great it's just I got really sidetracked by league & real life stuff =/

But I hope I don't lag too, prolly wont :D

Ahh okay :p I found it pretty boring at lvl 20, don't know why :( Couldn't get used to it. RIFT seems promising though :D U can change class etc~ if I got it right (Class classes~) :D, just have to figure out what class is like Enhancement Shaman @WoW :D
What role are you planning to play on RIFT?

WE should PG!

~3 Days to go~

Updating to 2.3 Patch (aka F2P Patch).

ETA 4h from now~ So the RIFT servers should be up running at 9 PM +1 GMT.

I recommend you all to try this game - Will be making a list later of OtLand members that plays RIFT (If there are any lol).
Currently lvl 17 and enjoying the game ALOT. It's very fun, way better than TERA & WoW so far.

If you plan on starting at the EU Servers
Create your account here: https://rift.trionworlds.com/accoun...&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ascend_invite

It will help me and you will recieve a title "The Chosen" & you will recieve more exp when leveling. :)

Edit: about the "Trial account" information mentioned on the Ascend-A-Friend page, ignore it. As it's not updated yet til 2.3 (They will change the site later and you won't be a trial account after 2.3 update).

is it still click to target?
very sick of those type of combat systems, i absolutely love tera's in the sense that you actually have to "aim" your attacks. if this has a similar combat system ill definitely check it out otherwhise meh... i'll go try RaiderZ

is it still click to target?
very sick of those type of combat systems, i absolutely love tera's in the sense that you actually have to "aim" your attacks. if this has a similar combat system ill definitely check it out otherwhise meh... i'll go try RaiderZ

You really think they changed that? =P lol it is still click and it is still a good game. To everyone their likings because to be honest i do not like tera at all but i do like rift. so yea =)

Back