• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Rikci's Thread

Nice to see you back!
why that outside AA? xD
That was the bucket tool that did it xD
Maybe it's set to do it like that haha. Using paint.net, not used it but hey what can you do

Thoughts? :)

dPmTKeW.png

I really enjoyed reading the whole topic and seeing your progress, good to have you back, hope you'll get the rust off soon haha

P.S. What does "AA" and "pillow shading" means?

P.S. What does "AA" and "pillow shading" means?

Terms used in graphics; AA means antialiasing, which is a process to smooth contours and make things look less edgy, while pillow shading is a shading technique, mostly used by beginners because lack of their experience in pixel-art.

You had a great improvement on your design during this dragon. But it is still at a very draft stage, so i'm changing it's design a bit.
xqmm2u.png

- Do the inner lines of the wings and other things more visible, this keeps the sprite sharper
- I believe this color isn't so good so you may change it too, it's to much dessaturated and you can make inner palette color combinations
- The dragon may have more details, especially in the head.
- Allign almost everything you can, isn't a rule for everything, as there are some things more flexible, but it's always a good practice
- Clean the external AA because of the brush (pointed in red line)

I forgot to edit the belly, the lines you did on it are out of perspective, but if you keep on this dragon I'll show you

You had a great improvement on your design during this dragon. But it is still at a very draft stage, so i'm changing it's design a bit.
xqmm2u.png

- Do the inner lines of the wings and other things more visible, this keeps the sprite sharper
- I believe this color isn't so good so you may change it too, it's to much dessaturated and you can make inner palette color combinations
- Allign almost everything you can, isn't a rule for everything, as there are some things more flexible, but it's always a good practice

I forgot to edit the belly, the lines you did on it are out of perspective, but if you keep on this dragon I'll show you
Thanks for pointing out my misstakes. :D
I didn't know there's sooo much place for improvement :O
I'll try to keep in mind everything next time!

xqmm2u.png

OMFG! Awesome dragon!

Back