• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[RME] Features needed for TFS

E

Evil Puncker

Not only related to TFS development but RME as well, cipsoft has implemented several things that in my opinion, have to be done both in RME and TFS at the same time, I'll post a small list, and if there is anything missing, feel free to suggest anything (NO, not new features request for RME, there is already an issue for it on its own github):

- Varying Monster Spawn (more info) [10.5]
A Varying Monster Spawn or a Shared Spawn is one that spawns Creatures from a predefined set of more than one creature, as opposed to traditional monster spawns that only ever spawn a specific creature. For example, a Dawnport varying monster spawn may select from a set {Troll-Trained Salamander, Mountain Troll}; that is, each time a creature spawns, the type of creature is chosen from this set.

- Resting Area (more info) [11.4] (like a bonus protection zone)
Resting Areas can be found inside Depots, Temples, all rentable buildings, and the Adventurers' Guild. If they are marked with a Within Resting Area icon (Within Resting Area Icon) in your Status Bar, there are no regeneration bonuses from the Reward Wall active. If they are marked with a Within Active Resting Area icon (Within Active Resting Area Icon) instead, however, such regeneration bonuses are active

- Map Areas and Sub Areas (more info) [11.8]
There is the new map function in the cyclopedia, and now it is possible to name Areas and sub-areas for a variety of uses:
  • In-game house display and management
  • Bestiary monster spawn location name
  • Improved Respawn Rate (as seen here)
  • etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only related to TFS development but RME as well, cipsoft has implemented several things that in my opinion, have to be done both in RME and TFS at the same time, I'll post a small list, and if there is anything missing, feel free to suggest anything (NO, not new features request for RME, there is already an issue for it on its own github):

- Varying Monster Spawn (more info) [10.5]
A Varying Monster Spawn or a Shared Spawn is one that spawns Creatures from a predefined set of more than one creature, as opposed to traditional monster spawns that only ever spawn a specific creature. For example, a Dawnport varying monster spawn may select from a set {Troll-Trained Salamander, Mountain Troll}; that is, each time a creature spawns, the type of creature is chosen from this set.

- Resting Area (more info) [11.4] (like a bonus protection zone)
Resting Areas can be found inside Depots, Temples, all rentable buildings, and the Adventurers' Guild. If they are marked with a Within Resting Area icon (Within Resting Area Icon) in your Status Bar, there are no regeneration bonuses from the Reward Wall active. If they are marked with a Within Active Resting Area icon (Within Active Resting Area Icon) instead, however, such regeneration bonuses are active

- Map Areas and Sub Areas (more info) [11.8]
There is the new map function in the cyclopedia, and now it is possible to name Areas and sub-areas for a variety of uses:
  • In-game house display and management
  • Bestiary monster spawn location name
  • Improved Respawn Rate (as seen here)
  • etc
I played around with spawning random creatures via spawns/areas... Doesn't work out an is hard to map for... However, my server does have functions that spawn creatures based on N/S/E/W... It is hard to control even then tho...

I'm interested in contributing to the following features:
  • Varying Monster Spawn
  • Map Area
  • Improved respawn rate (not sure)

How can we discuss about it and agree about its format?

I'm interested in contributing to the following features:
  • Varying Monster Spawn
  • Map Area
  • Improved respawn rate (not sure)

How can we discuss about it and agree about its format?
here in this post! post your ideas and/or codes and I'll ask for the other devs to give their inputs, but we can all agree to have most of the code part made in Lua, and things to have into consideration:

about map area and improved rate
- two types of area:
-- bigger (for example: yalahar)
-- smaller (i.e: yalahar centre, yalahar cemetery quarter)
  • (optional, but very handy): return a list/table of creatures (count too) that spawn on each selected area (for smaller area only)
  • possibility to get/set spawn rate per area (smaller or bigger)

about the varying monster spawn
- i'm out of ideas, might edit this later xD

You think we should go for a new xml file or alter the otbm structure?
Server-side how we should treat the map area?

I can't see how we could make those mostly in Lua as I'd even need to edit the map editor.