• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RME is breaking the GPL lisence.

Real Time queries to load the map (Like WoW servers), no more need to wait until the map load at the start, no more 5gb+ ram usage only just because of big maps, and you no longer will waste a quadcore (Or More) while hosting ots ;), etc etc etc!

This also make it way more easy (And more reliable) to make APPS for it.

WAAAAAAAAAAT Stian for president no doubt

Well. Today we load everything at startup. It wastes alot of resources holding the map. OTBM is not a format made for dynamic loading and it would therefore not be possible to make a propper "as-needed loader" for that structure. With SQL, you can easily get only the parts of the map you need.

And to all that are afraid of realmaps. Note that the search time will be LONG if you don't optimaze the database for such a big map. Real maps with stock XAMPP will be unplayable.

You can also do something like this:
/reload map fromX toX fromY toY
To update the map.

Last edited:
Well. Today we load everything at startup. It wastes alot of resources holding the map. OTBM is not a format made for dynamic loading and it would therefore not be possible to make a propper "as-needed loader" for that structure. With SQL, you can easily get only the parts of the map you need.

And to all that are afraid of realmaps. Note that the search time will be LONG if you don't optimaze the database for such a big map. Real maps with stock XAMPP will be unplayable.

You can also do something like this:

To update the map.

Sound awesome :) can't w8, the /reload map sound interesting

Well, I was going to rewrite the entier SQL system. Mysqlnd and then spawn a connection for every thread. Might move all the map update things out of the main. And you guys is doing something wrong. I've never got the lost connection to MySQL error.

Sorry for offence but you are going to rewrite everything in TFS. Lol.

So far I heard about python scripts, revscriptsys etc, maybe I'm just blind but I can't see any result of your words : <

Nevertheless, I still hope that you are working on it.

Mysql maps would be great feature. You should also consider memcache feature : )

I suppose that this server: HG 2010 Extra Large dedicated server file - OVH
(Intel Bi Xeon E5530 2x 4x 2x 2.40+ GHz, 24 GB DDR3 ECC) will allow us to host 30-40 real maps with 100 ppl on each. _/

Sorry for offence but you are going to rewrite everything in TFS. Lol.

So far I heard about python scripts, revscriptsys etc, maybe I'm just blind but I can't see any result of your words : <

Nevertheless, I still hope that you are working on it.

Mysql maps would be great feature. You should also consider memcache feature : )

I suppose that this server: HG 2010 Extra Large dedicated server file - OVH
(Intel Bi Xeon E5530 2x 4x 2x 2.40+ GHz, 24 GB DDR3 ECC) will allow us to host 30-40 real maps with 100 ppl on each. _/

Yes, I won't deny that it would take some time before we see it (I'm busy with VAPus for the moment). Mysqlnd will be the next i roll in.

I also got a somewhat half working SQL map code. But it needs some rewriting as it doesn't work with spawns and houses.

Back