• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RME is breaking the GPL lisence.

stian

Banned User
Reaction score
RME (Remere's map editor) is lisenced under GPL, and I can't find the source code anywhere for his latest version. This is against the requirements in the GPL lisence to release the sourcecode for all binaries made. If noone can find a link to the source I might have to inform FSF about it ( they love this type of cases :p).

I need to build a Linux version.

Basically what he is saying is that, RME is breaking the GPL License by not releasing the source code to the latest version, meaning Remere could get in trouble if he didn't release he latest source.

Basically what he is saying is that, RME is breaking the GPL License by not releasing the source code to the latest version, meaning Remere could get in trouble if he didn't release he latest source.
oooo, call the cops!

Changelog 1.1.10

Also, the editor is no longer licensed under GPL. This is due to the non existent feedback from being open source, and because I'd prefer some of the futures planned for 1.2.0 to be closed-source (for security reasons). This should not affect anyone at all (except Linux users).

Happy mapping!

Besides what's wrong with changing the license? Remere is the only author of RME, right?

I thought it was a continued project from SimOne.
Could be wrong
Guess Stian will have to use Wine =[

Well, I installed the 1.1.11, and the installer state that the lisence is GPL.

EDIT: "OT" get less and less "Open" for every day it seems.

Heh, he probably forgot to change it ;)

Well it started happening ever since Gesior released his shopsystem script and will probably continue. OT is starting to be more a buisness than a hobby. On the other hand - if Remere is going to make it commercial one day, I wouldn't mind. After all with all the effort put into it he's got 3 donations so far, while countless children made lots of money thanks to his, opentibia and tfs devs work.

If he'll make it commercial you'll probable see "Stian's map editor" or something like that. That time I'll lisence it under a lisence that doesn't allow you to use it to earn any money.

Back