• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RME is breaking the GPL lisence.

Thought he was just poor.
He looks poor.
But if you're that next to him and he means that much to you .. it's ok ;>

Well, I installed the 1.1.11, and the installer state that the lisence is GPL.

EDIT: "OT" get less and less "Open" for every day it seems.

OT is dead anyways.
Real map servers has killed it and it's not even custom.

If he'll make it commercial you'll probable see "Stian's map editor" or something like that. That time I'll lisence it under a lisence that doesn't allow you to use it to earn any money.

<bows>

We might be forced to make a new one anyway if we introduce SQL maps since Remere is a OTServ guy, and OTServ probable won't copy us.

Are you serious actually? As far as it seems people love Remere's MapEditor, so what's the point of making a new one?

There are 2 great ones. Now Remere planning hopefully soon making a live mapping which will be ace!

Are you serious actually? As far as it seems people love Remere's MapEditor, so what's the point of making a new one?

There are 2 great ones. Now Remere planning hopefully soon making a live mapping which will be ace!

Stian just said it "To support SQL mapping"

And it sux that it's closed source :( RME doesn't work under wine :'(

If he'll make it commercial you'll probable see "Stian's map editor" or something like that. That time I'll lisence it under a lisence that doesn't allow you to use it to earn any money.
For@President! <3

But well Remere deserves more money for his work, I am among one of his 3 donators. :]

But if goes@commercial, then hes doing it wrong. :C

This sounds great.

We might be forced to make a new one anyway if we introduce SQL maps since Remere is a OTServ guy, and OTServ probable won't copy us.
SQL Map ummmm!! i'm in love with the idea and is not even made yet (I think) lol, but will be a pain for the developers, if they got load of complains now days with MySql connection lost with the actual system imagine with SQL map (Which i supose is going to be REAL TIME QUERYS hopefully even multi-threaded <3), You guys gotta need make a *tard-proof tutorial on how to set-up your Mysql server lols! --In case the map is going to be stored into the server DB and not outside (Sqlit3)

This also open new doors, like real-time mapping, just wow... Imagine three of the best mappers, mapping at the same time with some kind of 'mapping server' and 'stian map editor' _/ xD

For@President! <3

But well Remere deserves more money for his work, I am among one of his 3 donators. :]

But if goes@commercial, then hes doing it wrong. :C
Indeed Remere have done a lot. :|

Last edited:
This sounds great.

SQL Map ummmm!! i'm in love with the idea and is not even made yet (I think) lol, but will be a pain for the developers, if they got load of complains now days with MySql connection lost with the actual system imagine with SQL map (Which i supose is going to be REAL TIME QUERYS hopefully even multi-threaded <3), You guys gotta need made a *tard-proof tutorial on how to set-up your Mysql server lols! --In case the map is going to be stored into the server DB and not outside (Sqlit3)

This also open new doors, like real-time mapping, just wow... Imagine three of the best mappers, mapping at the same time with some kind of 'mapping server' and 'stian map editor' _/ xD

Indeed Remere have done a lot. :|

Well, I was going to rewrite the entier SQL system. Mysqlnd and then spawn a connection for every thread. Might move all the map update things out of the main. And you guys is doing something wrong. I've never got the lost connection to MySQL error.

Well, I can't wait till we can see the previews of the SQL map system, since its still an "I was going to" it will take some time before it gets out but it will change the whole OT world.

Well, I can't wait till we can see the previews of the SQL map system, since its still an "I was going to" it will take some time before it gets out but it will change the whole OT world.

lol I'm gonna make Web based map eidtor for that ^^ like I did with Chojrak for other project :$:peace:

Well, I was going to rewrite the entier SQL system. Mysqlnd and then spawn a connection for every thread. Might move all the map update things out of the main. And you guys is doing something wrong. I've never got the lost connection to MySQL error.

Wouldn't it be better to lessen the load from mysql, to run the map in a sqlite database then?

So instead of "mapname.otbm" it will be "mapname.s3db"
(Also you could run the map with a different processor core than the rest of the database).

That way also sqlite users won't have to get mysql. :p

Btw how is it going with PGsql?

Last edited:
Stian, can you explain what are the benefits of moving map from .otbm to sql?

Stian, can you explain what are the benefits of moving map from .otbm to sql?

Real Time queries to load the map (Like WoW servers), no more need to wait until the map load at the start, no more 5gb+ ram usage only just because of big maps, and you no longer will waste a quadcore (Or More) while hosting ots ;), etc etc etc!

This also make it way more easy (And more reliable) to make APPS for it.

Then start with the project already. Let's see if you can beat RME, wich I doubt else you would have done it quite some time ago.

Real Time queries to load the map (Like WoW servers), no more need to wait until the map load at the start, no more 5gb+ ram usage only just because of big maps, and you no longer will waste a quadcore (Or More) while hosting ots , etc etc etc!

This also make it way more easy (And more reliable) to make APPS for it.

That would be great id say lol

Back