• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[RME] Suggestions?

Axtrox

Uninspired Mapper
Reaction score
Hello all
Okay so I'm working on a map, I thought it was pretty good until I saw Vacez's cave.. I was surprised because it was really awesome, so I started re-making the cave under the city, I might change the respawn but I want you guys to tell me if it's good or not, or also leave suggestions in stuff I could add to it.

My second cave [It's the same cave as the first cave I made but re-edited]
rmemyfirstcave.png

Please comment nicely, if you don't have anything good to say, Don't say it... Just say you don't like it or what could I do to improve it :p

Finished faster than I thought...

rmemyfirstcave2.png

More details will be added but I gotta sleep now.. I'll check replies when I get back from school tomorrow

First of all, turn off spawns(S) and pathing(O).

Now, instead of telling you what I believe you should change, I'll show it by showing how I would map that:

I'd start of by doing the shape. I don't see skeletons fitting in a lava environment, but since you have lava, I'll use it aswell.

255nup3.png

Then, I start fixing up the ground. For this cave, I'll use more rough tiles than "normal" ones:

f4e9p5.png

After that, I add the base details. Stones, gravel, fire in the lava, etc.

2q0omyr.png

Now, I add the details need to make it look like skeletons could be there. dead skeletons, perhaps a torch, and some bones:

Finished product:
2vrvrqw.png

If you have any questions about IDs or something, feel free to ask ^^

First of all, turn off spawns(S) and pathing(O).

Now, instead of telling you what I believe you should change, I'll show it by showing how I would map that:

I'd start of by doing the shape. I don't see skeletons fitting in a lava environment, but since you have lava, I'll use it aswell.

255nup3.png

Then, I start fixing up the ground. For this cave, I'll use more rough tiles than "normal" ones:

f4e9p5.png

After that, I add the base details. Stones, gravel, fire in the lava, etc.

2q0omyr.png

Now, I add the details need to make it look like skeletons could be there. dead skeletons, perhaps a torch, and some bones:

Finished product:
2vrvrqw.png

If you have any questions about IDs or something, feel free to ask ^^

Okay ty for the help, and I know my cave isn't finished
Remember what I said
"More details will be added but I gotta sleep now.. I'll check replies when I get back from school tomorrow"

Now I'm back and I'm working on it. I'll post the result when I'm done
And yeah I will change spawm of skeletons.. this is what I have in mind: Rotworms, Trolls.... Or you could suggest one... <-- thats the beginners cave so something ez plx :)

Okay here is the result with most of the details added. I'm thinking what else I could add [except for a different respawn]

rmemyfirstcave3.png

Last edited:
Okay here is the result with most of the details added. I'm thinking what else I could add [except for a different respawn]

rmemyfirstcave3.png

It's still squary, and there's too much lava all over the place. Also, one can see that you've used autoborder and doodads for everything in that screenshot :p

In your screenshot, there's squares all over the place:

dlnv48.jpg

This is an example of how I'd map a rotworm cave:

2q1v611.png

Okay I figured I'm not so good... So I decided to try with small things... in a couple of minutes I'll post some random place

Okay this is my first attempt to do anything "Desert" so be kind :)
(NOTE: I will add any random map work I do each day... Please check this thread when you're about to go to bed, that way you'll see the newest picture :))

rmedesert.png

It looks dark because I took the screenshot from the highest point of view..
I tried opening any ot with my map to take better screenshots but there's something wrong with the xampp and couldn't get it working so i decided to post the pic before going to sleep.. once again please remember this is my first desert theme try and im a beginner.. all suggestions are welcome...

~To remove shading, press Q~

This one looks better than the skeleton cave, but the automagics and doodads are still visible. You're improving though :thumbup:

I've marked things I don't like:

f36wk7.png

red: Bordering bugs caused by autobordering
Green: These are objects that I think are misplaced or that doesn't fit
Yellow: The shape and size of your mountain

To give you some idea on what you could replace the "greened" objects with, here's a dragon mountain from my map:

282g5qa.png

P.S You should've seen my first dragon mountain, it was total disaster :w00t:

Yeah, I am making hunting places with no way to get there.. so its a practice thingy.. i didnt rly care about the outside of the mountain.. ill fix the green stuff and red stuff and i will also add a new hunting spot :)... you're a really big help (rep+'d you)

Back