• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Roguelike OTS game?

Under Influence

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
So, I was playing a game called Noita and I think the style could also fit a OTS game.

This game genre consists mostly in players finding the exit in random generated dungeons,getting stronger and moving to new dungeons, if they die they would lose everything they got. Each run would be different with new items used, different monsters and place type, etc

We have different biomes like Forest, Ice islands, Desert, Tomb, Demona, Elf Fortress etc (ground floor biomes are limited by water, underground by earth ), every new game a new random dungeon based on a biome would be generated where the user must explore it and find the exit, once in the exit he would heal and talk to a NPC for upgrades with the collected gold they gained from the previous dungeon and move to the next dungeon which could be another biome or the same. Dungeon could have some traps and gimmicks like spikes, slicers, fields, explosive barrels, lava holes, breakable walls, hidden holes, jungle grass... and of course lots of mysteriando hidden in the dungeons

Since Tibia is a real time which resembles turn base game, some adjustments would need to be made to monsters, for instance auto attacks would be greatly diminished except for melee, waves and beams can keep as it is, but stuff like fireballs, explosions would have a brief warning where they will be shot for players to be able to dodge it and creatures like hunters would instead aim at a sqm and players would need to dodge that sqm. Fields cast at distance would only start damaging one or two seconds after appearing, but fields make by slimes, scarabs, fire elementals would be instant. There should be something special to differentiate each creature beside hp, for example rotworms could go underground, spiders could fall from the ceiling with a shadow warning, snakes would gain a jump attack if next to a tree, I could make an entire list if anyone interested etc. Also some bosses could exist too.

For players, everybody would be a mage, and shields would not be exist (avoid melee at all cost), players would auto attack with elemental wands, and have runes and instant spells at their disposal which could be looted in chests, bought from end level npcs, crafted with resources etc. Players would need to use runes such as magic walls and fields to avoid being hit by monsters melee damage. All healing spells would be removed. Some tools could also exist with slightly different use like picks to open passages and find stuff inside brekable walls, shovel to find stuff buried on the floor, rope could be used to avoid damage from ball spells by going temporary 1sqm up in special places.

If enough interest this could be better brainstormed and turned into a game, just be aware that it will be mostly single player but competitive since every day there would be a seed and players could try that seed of random generated dungeons to see who got it further. Also I don't know how feasible is to make a random generated map, which should have a path clear from start to exit.

Last edited:
Imho this doesn't fit Tibia at all. This game is not dynamic enough.

Nah...You just like both games, 99.9% of people in here have never heard of Noita. Those ideas like ''hey lets make tibia ot based on X game", never succeed, use search feature

Is not going to get attention to start with, sorry, dont waste your time.

Try to bring something really unique

I can see it as a fun mode, but making it mages only or no melee or solo player only experience is a bit too much trying.

A good approach is what Vestia did. Though their code was more simple than you described, their system was very fun because it allowed playing as a party and generated a maze with random rewards and monsters scaling with team strength. Generated dungeons are definitely a good direction to explore (especially as one of anti botting measuers), but if you drive too far away from tibia fundamentals, you will ruin the fun of it.

I think that instead of forcing players to use mages, the team play and using multiple vocations in this kind of dungeon well deserves to be rewarded, for example:
  • monsters with only physical damage + physical resistance to tank for knights, but prevent them from doing them solo
  • monsters with magic resists and armor but weak to holy damage to reward for having paladins in team
  • monsters weak to fire/energy/death to reward for having sorcerers
etc.

While I not see the OTS working with the specifications you said about everyone being mage. I can see an OTS roguelike like that:
The progression being of dungeons (random generated or not). During the dungeons delves the player can obtain normal(with maybe different rarities) and relic items. When the player dies he gets "reborned" back to level 1 and lose all items except relics. Each reborn, depending of the level and dungeon reached will grant something to help the player get stronger.
In this way you can make a OTS roguelike without changing tibia mechanics too much.

I love seeing other games and concepts recreated in Tibia. If you are aiming for money or a popular server then it most likely won't happen. If you are in it to make something a small community of players will enjoy than that's more realistic. I would love to play a roguelike through tibia, but it would depend on how it's made. There's so many different ways you can approach the concept of a roguelike in Tibia. Things I would like to see are different from what another person would want. Everyone has their own opinion on what they'd want to play.

I love seeing other games and concepts recreated in Tibia. If you are aiming for money or a popular server then it most likely won't happen. If you are in it to make something a small community of players will enjoy than that's more realistic. I would love to play a roguelike through tibia, but it would depend on how it's made. There's so many different ways you can approach the concept of a roguelike in Tibia. Things I would like to see are different from what another person would want. Everyone has their own opinion on what they'd want to play.
It can be an event in your main server.

Back