• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RolePlay OTS

camhard

Reaction score
Hello

tldr: is roleplay in tibia possible? Do you know any project from the past that actually focused on roleplay (I DON'T MEAN RPG 7.4/8.6 or whatever nostalgic servers)?

Roleplay vs RPG

Those are only words and it might look like the same thing, but I define roleplay server as something far different from standard OTS with RPG in their name. I know that RPG stands for roleplay game, but I use "roleplay" phrase becouse "RPG" doesn't mean anything anymore I guess. I've never created any ots myself and I'm not tibia vet, but I used to play/gamemaster a lot of roleplay on other platforms/games. I wonder is it possible to create serious roleplay in tibia.

key features
  • cap lvl around 20 lvl (roleplay is not about exp/grind. It's about lore/dialogues/player created scenarios, but 8 lvl peasant should be easily defeated by experienced warrior. Also, group of low level bandits should overrun even max lvl knight).
  • perma death (I don't mean perma death in every case, but if you become well known bandit with bounty on your head, other players should be able to perma kill you with gamemaster's permission. There should not be skull system, but notorious players with bad reputation better be very carefull while playing role of public enemy numer one. On the other hand, you might become leader of powerfull trading guild, so watchout for rivals attempting to take your place. Choices matter.)
  • dialogue based gameplay (fighting pve and pvp is there of course, but in roleplay we create characters with background, history, cons and pros, and we roleplay as warriors, bandits, alchemists, priests or whatever. Dungeons should be focused on searching/creating new lore and exploring (events with gamemasters), rather than slaying monsters with no bigger goal. If you need powerfull artifact, or just some better enchantments, you create lore-based adventure with other players and gamemasters. You could spend whole day in tavern chatting with others, prepare schemes abouts guilds, traiding, politics, without actually grinding in the same respawn.
  • factions run by players (of course players can create guilds, but they should be able to create law enforcement group, become tax colletors in the city, start a religious cult with actuall consequences to the world and activly mess around with lore of the server)

I'd say it would be unique, as I never saw OTS like this before (correct me if I am wrong), but its its both advantage and disadvantage. Non-standard project might not be popular. Population, even in successfull roleplay project, will never be as high as in other OTS, but it might be even more time consuming to manage it, as it requires gamemasters and server owners to mess around lore, events, hand crafted stuff, rather than go kill 1000 orcs quests.

Back