• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RonClient - An alternative Open Tibia Client (with sounds!) is now 100% open source

RonIT

Reaction score
GitHub
seenquev
Hi OtLand Community,

I know it's a little bit late, but we resume work on our own MMORPG and we're making some cleanups on our way there. We decided to finally publish source code for one of our own, alternative Tibia client we've been working on between 2009-2012. The code is a legacy, but it surely has some potential. We still use it within one of our projects at PokeJourney - just catch them all! (http://poke-journey.com).

Quick Presentation

Screenshots

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.38.25 AM.png

0147HAU.png

RonClient​

RonClient is an open-source RPG client written in C++ using WinAPI. It was developed to be used with Open Tibia Server protocol, but it is possible to adapt the client to any other protocol.

Features​

1. DirectX9 and OpenGL graphics libraries.
  2. Lua scripts engine integrated.
  3. Configurable GUI with possibility to customize using lua scripting.
  4. Built-in Tibia protocols (822, 840, 842, 850, 854, 860, 870, 910).
  5. Customizable extended protocol using lua scripting.
  6. In game sounds triggered on effects, different background music during the day, night and under the ground.
  7. Particles triggered on effects.
  8. Auto updater

Dependencies​

• alut
  • bfd
  • bgd
  • boost_regex
  • boost_system
  • boost_thread
  • d3d9
  • d3dx9
  • glaux
  • glu32
  • gmp
  • iberty
  • iconv
  • intl
  • imagehlp
  • lua (5.1)
  • lzma920
  • mpg123
  • openal32
  • opengl32
  • ws2_32
  • wsock2
  • winmm

Credits​

• Software Developer Lead / Architecture : Adam Czupryna

Tutorials​

Let me know if you have any questions,
Ron

Last edited:
1. Testowanie wenątrz firmy i sprawdzenie podstawowych funkcjonalności (ten etap się już zakończył).
2. Testowanie przez obsługę naszego serwera i wyłapywanie większych błędów (czas trwania: 1 miesiąc).
3. Testowanie przez naszych graczy RonOTS / Swordia (czas trwania: około 1 miesiąca).

is that up to date or that's info from 2009-2012?

Unfortunately, this is outdated info. The development process stopped in 2012. We were considering reusing it for our new project, but we came to a conclusion it's not expendable. We're thinking about creating brand new platform based on Unity with configurability and flexibility in mind. The main goal would be also to finally tackle mobile platforms such as Android / iOS with a convenient user interface and ready-to-use graphic sets and more modern GUI.

That's the initial mock:
Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 4.27.55 PM.png
GUI proposal:

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 4.39.13 PM.png

But I guess this is discussion for another thread.

Last edited:
Back