• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ runes causes debug

emil92b

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
TFS: 1.2 (ninjalulz/forgottenserver (https://github.com/ninjalulz/forgottenserver/tree/8.0/src))
CLIENT: 8.0
OTB Version: 7

I'm having some issues regarding runes, as soon i walk nearby one or creating it with /i command the client crashes

Lua:
<item id="3174" article="a" name="spell rune">
    <attribute key="weight" value="70"/>
    <attribute key="type" value="rune"/>
    <attribute key="runeSpellName" value="adori"/>
    <attribute key="charges" value="3"/>
</item>

I would like them to look like this aswell (not stackable, but with x3 charges):

did you changed the original items.otb?
i made my own 8.0 items.otb from the dat file using item editor, but that shoudln't matter since the one that came with the distro is version 7 aswell, only difference is that the runes in the distro was changed to be stackables, which i do not want.

so it's coded for stackables, and i need to change that somehow without getting debug

Last edited:
well the only way to get rid of the debug is if i add stackables to my runes in both .dat and .otb, but thats not the way i wanted. 8.0 is not suppose to have them stackable, i believe it was added in 8.6 or somthing

yep:
Update 8.6, June 30, 2010
Runes and potions are now stackable.

but with that workaround, it would mean that everyone need to download that custom dat file, better to have it fixed in sources

i solved how to make it use charges and i don't get the debug anymore, aswell fixed the hotkey message..

but i still need to find out how to display the charges on the item inside the inventory..

also noticed that the visual blood hit effect is reversed too.

Xf3z4wo.png

Last edited:
nice , how you solved ? you tried to add this on items.xml?
<attribute key="showcharges" value="1" />
already tested and it only displays the charges twice if i enable that, the problem is not the item description, its inside the container

hmm, either protocolgame.cpp doesn't send the client the charges then or idk, it's hard to tell without seeing the source code, it could also be a problem with the dat structure, that your server doesn't handle charges the way your dat has it saved, there are quite a few possibilites of what it could be

hmm, either protocolgame.cpp doesn't send the client the charges then or idk, it's hard to tell without seeing the source code, it could also be a problem with the dat structure, that your server doesn't handle charges the way your dat has it saved, there are quite a few possibilites of what it could be

Back