• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Running otserv 0.6.4

Reaction score
Ok so when i run it i get this error

Code:
:: OTServ Version 0.6.4_SVN
:: ============================================================================
::
:: Initializing the random numbers... [done]
:: Loading lua script config.lua...  [done]
:: No datadir '', using a system-wide one
:: Using data directory /usr/local/share/otserv/... [done]
:: Checking Database Connection... Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Access denied for user 'ot'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Error: Database Connection Failed!

Even though the data folder is next to the otservlist, idk why it not using the config.lua and data folder that is in the same directory as ./otserv

It cant connect to your mysql.. you need to enter in the mysql password and user.

It cant connect to your mysql.. you need to enter in the mysql password and user.
... did you read my post?
I have the right user/pass in the config.lua the issue lies here is that it WONT LOAD the DATA folder or the CONFIG.LUA
No datadir '', using a system-wide one

Using data directory /usr/local/share/otserv/... [done]
^ does not even exist, i checked

... did you read my post?
I have the right user/pass in the config.lua the issue lies here is that it WONT LOAD the DATA folder or the CONFIG.LUA
No datadir '', using a system-wide one

Using data directory /usr/local/share/otserv/... [done]
^ does not even exist, i checked

Ahh i see my bad.. I havnt used this server i'm just trying to help you man.. relax.. lol now its loading your config.lua isnt it?
Code:
: Loading lua script config.lua...  [done]

That dir has to exist if its loading from it... you logged in as a root user? folder is probably hidden. Could you post your config.lua? (Dont forget to take passwords out.)

Ahh i see my bad.. I havnt used this server i'm just trying to help you man.. relax.. lol now its loading your config.lua isnt it?
Code:
: Loading lua script config.lua...  [done]

That dir has to exist if its loading from it... you logged in as a root user? folder is probably hidden. Could you post your config.lua? (Dont forget to take passwords out.)
http://pastebin.com/yKaXWAM2

try changing your database host to "localhost" and make sure Database Schema is "MySQL"

try changing your database host to "localhost" and make sure Database Schema is "MySQL"
the database scheme is mysql and its not local its remote, the issue is this
MYSQL ERROR: Access denied for user 'ot'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
the config.lua has a password so why is it saying its not? unless its not readyin config.lua

the database scheme is mysql and its not local its remote, the issue is this
MYSQL ERROR: Access denied for user 'ot'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
the config.lua has a password so why is it saying its not? unless its not readyin config.lua
Your MySQL is on a separate server? It is loading your config man. its your MySQL settings. that are wrong... if you dont belvie me try changing the username of the Mysql user in your config and you will see it.

Your MySQL is on a separate server? It is loading your config man. its your MySQL settings. that are wrong... if you dont belvie me try changing the username of the Mysql user in your config and you will see it.

No... i change username, and got this
: Checking Database Connection... Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Access denied for user 'ot'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

im thinking its something else?

No... i change username, and got this
: Checking Database Connection... Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Access denied for user 'ot'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

oh now i get

:: Checking Database Connection... [done]
:: Checking Schema version... mysql_real_query(): SELECT `value` FROM `schema_info` WHERE `name` = 'version';: MYSQL ERROR: No database selected
mysql_store_result(): SELECT `value` FROM `schema_info` WHERE `name` = 'version';: MYSQL ERROR: No database selected

Error: Can't get schema version! Does `schema_info` exist?

the config.lua i was given does not have
MYSQL ERROR: No database selected

------------------------- EDIT

i have a database selected

sqlType = "mysql"
sqlHost = "127.0.0.1"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "root"
sqlPass = ""
sqlDatabase = "ot"
sqlFile = "realserver.s3db"
sqlKeepAlive = 0