• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Running server 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hebril

Reaction score
im running my ots on my pc and just curious - is there any danger that something in my computer get damaged ? how frequently i need to reboot , if i need ?

ive ran mine for the last couple months and its been 24/7

just a normal computer, not that great, nothing special really.

it stays at 36-41 degrees C (thats what it says on the front)

so i guess as long as it doesnt get too hot, then ur ok.

also, the way i judge when it needs a reboot,
i go into task manager, and i click on the "performance" tab, and if the "PF Useage History" is almost full, its time for a restart. (mine goes to 3.6 gb urs might go higher/lower).

ive noticed that when the PF useage gets completly full it will turn off (crash)

you need a server w/ god stability... and a good PC
disable the report error
remove bug of server w/ can be it shutdown ...

4Play said:
you need a server w/ god stability... and a good PC
disable the report error
remove bug of server w/ can be it shutdown ...

Any PC will do good as server. Then you need to add what you need for running what you plan on running. E.g ram, disk.. so on.

@Hebril
You don't need to reboot your PC at all. No danger to keep it on. Unless you remove the cooling. Then it will melt XD and might set your apartment on fire!
If you use windows. The memory will be filled with crap windows can't handle so it will run slow for then to be useless after some time. So I would reboot it once per 3 week if it have 1 gig memory.

yeah thats pretty much it what they say aslong as it stays cool its good and like make a reboot like once a every 2 weeeks man and your good

As long as you keep the temps on the main components of your computer to a minimum, you should be fine.

As long as you keep the temps on the main components of your computer to a minimum, you should be fine.

I used to get theese bugs with my gfx card every two days and the comp would crash (yes it's old piece of crap) but I got one of those table fans, opened the comp chassi up and aimed the fan right into the mayhem of cables n shiet ^^. My comp haven't suffered any crash problems since.

ok so I have a lot of things to tell you..

first ,when your computer restarting/internet restarting the IP is changed..
so or join to www.no-ip.com ,or buy a server on some webhost with SSH..
ho and the server is not danger on your computer..

my firewll/router server been up and running for 44 days since last reebot ( very bad thundering weather ) else it would have been up for 4 month by now. but the server aint running any ot.. and the cpu cooler is broken :p it is in my basement and its maybe 15° C 24/365 down there...
You could check the cpu temperature maybe twice a month and if it is raising to much maybe it is time to clean the fans and such to get temperature down again.

just keep track of your computers heat , make sure theres isnt too much Memory usage going on and reboot like 1 time a day atleast but thats just my opinion and my way

I was running the old tfs svn for like 120 days on linux, worked flawlessly even with bruteforcers on ftp/ssh :D (It was 220mhz cpu..)

I ran mine on a slimline pc. which is 1/3 the size of a normal pc. with 2 gigs ram and a amd x2 3 ghz. ran nice for 2 months but my pc was really hot so now im on a xeon 3ghz with 2 gigs ram. dedicated to tibia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back