• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Samithi Building

Samithi

Samithiy
Reaction score
Here i will add my latest mappings, as u see i did delete my newbie projects. i have been training with remeres, the maps starts from page 2> !

Last edited:
Im building some more on Stonecult Island.

Im going to add Rotworm cave, and a big Cyclops mountain

Well, other than what you've said before, it's obvious you are a beginner, so instead of telling you to use tutorials, I will try to give you some advice myself:

- First of all, try to make things look more realistic. That is use materials and grounds that are looking good with one another (by colour or just a feel).
- Second of all, use the Doodad Palette - add green trees, grass tuffs, bushes and stones. Having boulders stand out like that isn't looking very nice.
- Don't build 'square' (in fact rectangular) buildings. That looks just so 'out-of-date'. Try being a bit more initiative with the shape.
- The coastline has to be much more random. In nature, you would never see a naturally occuring perfectly straight coastline - make it a bit more rough and random. Nature is more chaotic and that's what makes it a good thing to use in mapping.
- Try looking through mapping advices and other poeple's threads (and tutorials of course) to see how they manage to join all the components of the map together.

Other than that? Pracise, practise and practise.

Regards
Sey~

Well, other than what you've said before, it's obvious you are a beginner, so instead of telling you to use tutorials, I will try to give you some advice myself:

- First of all, try to make things look more realistic. That is use materials and grounds that are looking good with one another (by colour or just a feel).
- Second of all, use the Doodad Palette - add green trees, grass tuffs, bushes and stones. Having boulders stand out like that isn't looking very nice.
- Don't build 'square' (in fact rectangular) buildings. That looks just so 'out-of-date'. Try being a bit more initiative with the shape.
- The coastline has to be much more random. In nature, you would never see a naturally occuring perfectly straight coastline - make it a bit more rough and random. Nature is more chaotic and that's what makes it a good thing to use in mapping.
- Try looking through mapping advices and other poeple's threads (and tutorials of course) to see how they manage to join all the components of the map together.

Other than that? Pracise, practise and practise.

Regards
Sey~

i used simones mapeditor
but i downloaded remeres now much easyer :p

Here is a lovely way to the town, Tell me something i need to add. its only 50% done, I will add some bears, wolfs.. etc. and some bushes..

sorry, full auto border. and.. shit.

Yes i know!
But how to close the auto border i hate it. its anoying as hell
i did make a nice nature with a dragon and dragon lord mountain
then i changed to remeres, from simones :p the ground, mountains got wierd and shit

Back
Top Bottom