• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sanchez |Mapping thread|

I like it. I imagine this is like an 8.6 style map? If so, the detailed buildings/structures + simple grounds actually work very well together. But if you're trying to modernize the maps it's key to focus on ground details. Reversing floor types, e.g. dirt first then grass, different borders etc.

The magic shop style is great, fits well & spooky :D

Edit: that's an awesome rotworm area, love the cracks/holes in the walls, gives so much more life to an area instead of having straight lines.

I like it. I imagine this is like an 8.6 style map? If so, the detailed buildings/structures + simple grounds actually work very well together. But if you're trying to modernize the maps it's key to focus on ground details. Reversing floor types, e.g. dirt first then grass, different borders etc.

The magic shop style is great, fits well & spooky :D

Edit: that's an awesome rotworm area, love the cracks/holes in the walls, gives so much more life to an area instead of having straight lines.
Yeah, it's 8.6. I try to keep it 8.6 because if i'm ever going to actually open the server, it's my favorite version, and it's what i'm familiar with, but it really limits my mapping in some aspects.

Thank you for the feedback, about the grounds, that's something i also realised about myself, i need to improve my grounding skills.
I think my main problem, is i usually rush maps, most of my maps are made in like 1 - 2 days tops, even hours. I never take some time to fully detail, do stuff and re-do. I need to change that.

Again, thank you for the feedback <3

I really liked the use of that water in this cave.
The only thing that I disliked is the shuriken format of the borders in the last pic.

Last edited:
I really liked the use of that water in this cave.
The only thing that I disliked is the shuriken format of the borders in the last pic.

Yeah, i tried doing something a little different, not sure i like it either.

Here are some maps i did using Custom Sprites, it is still a work in progress because not all sprites are finished and we are waiting for some more.
Also, i can't post in-game pictures yet, sorry :/

ZfULNYX.png

ETPSGR6.png

K0aqwmB.png

PlxLX74.png

KxSLXGm.png

n06aL63.png

mydsi3B.png

Back