• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scamming by ezzz | Why he is allowed to sell ot resources openless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayusutina

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I guess that is pretty obvious why im doing this thread but i would like to ask the otland staff, why Ezzz is actually allowed to sell his resources loudly (because everyone knows on otland) based on the effort that the otland community does and has been doing to build a great engine like TFS? I mean, mark or even elf did that? i get the point that the custom things must be keep privately, but why something necessary as FIXES and formulas should be kept and sold?

1624479761991.png

Check this, he is admitting that he reproduced a VERSION OF A SERVER THAT YOU CAN ADQUIRE MESSAGING HIM! Why this is allowed Don Daniello, Mark? Why? We could ask those owners of old servers how they done their servers? Paying ezzz should be the way?

1624480022487.png
So people can't reproduce own content? Looks like he isn't interested on helping but milking like kondra does...

Someone was discussing here not so long, @Night Wolf about the direction of the closed-source things, why the feeling of learning and helping people to build their own childhood dream should have a barrier with scammers like Ezzz selling stuff on otland to every owner? He has friends on the staff? Why he hasn't been warned of doing that and people like kondra that did the same is actually censored? or why even the staff joins randomly discord channels to check if someone is selling stuff but we allow this behaviour here?

I think thats time to join together to destroy the market and recover those old times where you could download tfs 0.3.6 and you had people building their own dreams hiring people to reproduce CUSTOM CONTENT, let's see the example of the br community, they are helping people to keep the lastest versions and they are not selling content to make a server stable.

I'm myself starting to rewrite his bugged distro and if someone wants to give those fixes that he sells for free to HELP OTLAND AND THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY, dm me, isn't too late to recover opentibia from the hole that it is.

Last edited:
Let the annual crying begin!
Comments Popcorn GIF by HyperX

sight line code is easy lol

cip devs were just university students that googled how to draw a line between two points and just used first result which was xiaolin wu algorithm

edit:
idk what is this drama really about. Dude had his personal engine/datapack he developed for himself, shared with a few people close to him and that's it. Someone leaked it and now you demand his entire work. 7.7 rl map isn't that interesting anyway, you're just emotionally attached to the game of your childhood.

People who complain about fixes being hoarded: how much have you contributed to tfs yourself?
You tell that they're hoarding fixes. The fact that you know what was fixed should be enough to know where to look. If you know what needs fixing, why don't you post an issue in tfs repo? The combat system was shit for years, but no one ever paid attention except for critical bugs and crashes it was creating. Server lags from spamming area spells was also known to some degree, yet no one even opened an issue, it was just all complaints that someone has it and we don't.

Last edited:
sight line code is easy lol

cip devs were just university students that googled how to draw a line between two points and just used first result which was xiaolin wu algorithm

edit:
idk what is this drama really about. Dude had his personal engine/datapack he developed for himself, shared with a few people close to him and that's it. Someone leaked it and now you demand his entire work. 7.7 rl map isn't that interesting anyway, you're just emotionally attached to the game of your childhood.

People who complain about fixes being hoarded: how much have you contributed to tfs yourself?
You tell that they're hoarding fixes. The fact that you know what was fixed should be enough to know where to look. If you know what needs fixing, why don't you post an issue in tfs repo? The combat system was shit for years, but no one ever paid attention except for critical bugs and crashes it was creating. Server lags from spamming area spells was also known to some degree, yet no one even opened an issue, it was just all complaints that someone has it and we don't.
Well tbh I just wanted to point out that the whole thing is shitty, if I needed to create an issue for every problem in the ots sources I'd need to wirte one from scratch (believe me I tried, but I don't hae this free time).

@topic
People are free to sell whatever they feel like. However, it is indeed super annoying and demotivating that people sell fixes, specially when those fixes are not even their fixes (not the case apparently). I lost count of how many fixes I and some colleagues of mine contributed to one specific code base that I saw being sold by other people as patches to other projects. That's a problem, imho. It's just not worth pushing for changes. Ots community is dead, people don't wanna improve it or bring cool shit and innovation. So stick to the emotional bonds you to this game and the small group that still tries to bring some values and that's it. Don't expect much more, because you won't have. 😁

I have contributed already a lot to opentibiabr together with my partners and we have a strict policy that if we have something that could break a game, we share it, is known also that on otbr it's FORBIDDEN to keep the fixes, but you didn't know that, right?

The issue is not that someone leaked his files (because indeed, he doesn't have a server), the issue is that if you want to launch your own server, you will face countless bugs that has been set by purpose by the dev with the goal to get people contacting him to get the fixes, pretty annoying, right? I've heard a lot about kondra taking TFS and even you fighting against sold resources, guess who is the biggest scammer and seller on otland actually (despite claiming that he has been abscent or whatever x amount of time due to "depression" we can see him working for a lot of people privately).

And yeah, IM starting a new distro without "private fixes" and something maintained, because again, the goal of TFS is building your own world from your ideas, not contacting someone to get the base to start your own vision.

I have contributed already a lot to opentibiabr together with my partners and we have a strict policy that if we have something that could break a game, we share it, is known also that on otbr it's FORBIDDEN to keep the fixes, but you didn't know that, right?

The issue is not that someone leaked his files (because indeed, he doesn't have a server), the issue is that if you want to launch your own server, you will face countless bugs that has been set by purpose by the dev with the goal to get people contacting him to get the fixes, pretty annoying, right? I've heard a lot about kondra taking TFS and even you fighting against sold resources, guess who is the biggest scammer and seller on otland actually (despite claiming that he has been abscent or whatever x amount of time due to "depression" we can see him working for a lot of people privately).

And yeah, IM starting a new distro without "private fixes" and something maintained, because again, the goal of TFS is building your own world from your ideas, not contacting someone to get the base to start your own vision.
What you're saying about dev sabotaging their own base to sell issues makes no sense. First it's time consuming to constantly create bugs to then solve them. Second, the bases are all super bad designed, they are full of time bombs and bugs, you don't need to add any extra.

What you're saying about dev sabotaging their own base to sell issues makes no sense. First it's time consuming to constantly create bugs to then solve them. Second, the bases are all super bad designed, they are full of time bombs and bugs, you don't need to add any extra.
Check differences between his codes and you will see what i'm talking about, most stuff as mentioned before can be repaired with 2-3 lines, aside that ezzz just adapted revscripts recently and he is claiming to have a "up to date base with 1.4" thats completely bullshit. He just seen an advantage with TFS 1.2 and we are where we are now, you can easily contact him and you will see the truth, any serious dev wouldn't be saving stuff for themselves and that's why i respect a lot fabian666

I have contributed already a lot to opentibiabr
how contributing to a project that has nothing to do with either otland or tfs have anything to do with helping tfs that is what @zbizu asked? 🤔

now about the topic itself: I'm not here defending ezzz or taking any sides here, but I don't see ezzz advertise anything on his post openly as you said...

elf used to sell war system, remember? 😁

how contributing to a project that has nothing to do with either otland or tfs have anything to do with helping tfs that is what @zbizu asked? 🤔

now about the topic itself: I'm not here defending ezzz or taking any sides here, but I don't see ezzz advertise anything on his post openly as you said...

elf used to sell war system, remember? 😁
You can clearly check the first 2 images, he is claiming to have a private distro and he told that "the original nostalrius" shouldn't have been released, as TFS developer you should be against selling the fixes and the content of TFS itself, but i guess that you don't care about that. And yeah, elf used to sell the war system and that led to the removal of the marketplace, remember that too?

Well tbh I just wanted to point out that the whole thing is shitty, if I needed to create an issue for every problem in the ots sources I'd need to wirte one from scratch
Not really. Sure some big systems like combat or loading/saving the player data would need some big changes, but that doesn't mean that we have to throw out everything else. You're not alone in coding.

is known also that on otbr it's FORBIDDEN to keep the fixes, but you didn't know that, right?
Of course I didn't. Language barrier is quite discouraging, but I know that your repos are using tfs commits so I contribute to tfs.

The issue is not that someone leaked his files (because indeed, he doesn't have a server), the issue is that if you want to launch your own server, you will face countless bugs that has been set by purpose by the dev with the goal to get people contacting him to get the fixes
Most code is just untested and bugs come out when real players start interacting with it. As someone who sits on a pile of untested code of an engine that runs quite slowly compared to tfs, you should have known that. The problem isn't hoarding the code per se. The problem is the people who go for devs in private instead of posting the bug as an issue in relevant repository.

doesn't change the fact that tfs repo was founded by the owner of shadowcores and some of the optimizations to hold 1000+ players online were never shared

Man ezzz really does have a bad attitude towards things, he is using a lot of words instead of just saying he likes to profit and keep his friends profiting thus enforcing the status quo. Common theme in this community unfortunately. It's the least open open source community I've ever seen. (though ive not seen many...)
It does make me kind of sick knowing that people like this gatekeep the whole community for profit however that just seems to be natural for any community of humans... so whatever.

There's not much substance to your argument though lol he can do whatever he wants and this is one of them haha

You're definitely wrong there mate, not just in this community but many, maybe most suffer with this kind of thing. Wherever there is money there is corruption.

Man ezzz really does have a bad attitude towards things, he is using a lot of words instead of just saying he likes to profit and keep his friends profiting thus enforcing the status quo. Common theme in this community unfortunately. It's the least open open source community I've ever seen. (though ive not seen many...)
It does make me kind of sick knowing that people like this gatekeep the whole community for profit however that just seems to be natural for any community of humans... so whatever.
It shouldn't be the regular behaviour regarding this, unity community itself has a lot of guides and a lot of resources to start your own project and good bases to work with, nostalrius is an insult to the human knowledge and what he done there is just shady as fuck but yeah, i expect his answer of "oh, i don't care, i will still doing profit", because yes, otland doesn't care, better would be if they bring back the marketplace to let people like ezzz profit before this forum is done for real

Someone is mad that they have no skill to make a living out of programming and instead want everything free because they can't make stuff by themselves, it's funny, just enjoy my codes leaking around.

Someone is mad that they have no skill to make a living out of programming and instead want everything free because they can't make stuff by themselves, it's funny, just enjoy my codes leaking around.
Hoped a better answer from you or even a change of your mind, because no one wants to sell your codes, you must think on the community instead your wallet :)

If playing league taught me anything, it would be that you won't get anywhere by arguing over what just happened. Moving on and focusing on what can be done and building each other is how you win. Same thing could be applied here.

I was diamond 4 ardent abuser if anyone's curious

we know your intentions ezz although that is your problem, I think you should stop fighting we know that no one in Otland does something from the heart or the vast majority of contributions are incomplete, the point here is that if someone wants to contribute or not, at least leave the owner and not theft either in repositories and have access to the data.

we know your intentions ezz although that is your problem, I think you should stop fighting we know that no one in Otland does something from the heart or the vast majority of contributions are incomplete, the point here is that if someone wants to contribute or not, at least leave the owner and not theft either in repositories and have access to the data.
And thats why we have 2-3 years or even more on 10.98 at the main TFS repository instead having a 12.64 distro, because we should let the people take the code and make their own tfsv8

Are you aware that I'm from Venezuela? And that literally I was surviving thanks to otland since 10 years ago? I literally do programming for a living, that I sold my server privately outside of otland to customers that were interested is not illegal, illegal is advertising here, it's not illegal to do services and get paid for doing them, that is why I have a 100% positive feedback thread, but this idiot clearly is mad that I do not release my services for free, and I'm already one of the cheapest programmers here unlike others charging 40$ per hour, I roughly make 20$ to 50$ per week on tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back