• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Script killing. Killed by unidentified

Advent

Custom RPG Maker
Reaction score
My script has possibility of killing player if he will mess up with something. I want to edit this unidentified into something custom. Where can I add this option ? Its like : You see a dead human. You recognize Cyganski Wlamywacz. He was killed by fire. Anyone knows ? Its not really a big deal but it would be helpful. Thanks.

Why would you keep a script that has the possibility to kill players?

Well, you can just add something like this:
Code:
local condition = createConditionObject(CONDITION_DROWN)
setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_PERIODICDAMAGE, -999)
setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKS, -1)
setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKINTERVAL, 50)

It will hit him by 999 twenty times a second :)
And it will be written like "He has drowned." or sth.

No, no. Lets say that there is hole which takes you 100 hp and stun you for one minute then there is communicat : You managed to get away. But if you have 100 hp and step on it, it kills you. Script is supposed to act this way and there is nothing bad in it. It just should be written : You see a dead human. You recognize Cyganski Baron. He got trapped and died.

Where can I edit things like this ? Killed by fire etc ? Where can I add thing like this to script ?

I think you should add a condition for player, but you have to figure out which. The one i gave was taken from movements script "drown.lua". I think you can take one matching for fire from "exori flam" spell. :)
# OK, U can use CONDITION_FIRE :)

Last edited:
Its not about using conditions. Its about creating new "reasons" or either "possibilites" to die. Killed by himself, killed bleeding to death, killed because of his stupidness. Things like this. Thanks for your help anyway. So any ideas ?

Well, you can add creatureevent on death, and set corpse's description to "He has chosen wrong.".
Tfs on kill sets corpse's description to "You recognize [...]" so try to change it on yourself : ]
Remember you also have to add "You recognize <name>. He/She has" :)

Well thats one way but its really chaotic, anyone know where can I add new death results like killed by fire and execute it on action script if player get killed ?

Back