• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Second summer update private test server has begun!

b7PQtr9.png

They said some new login screen

I loved the new background, maybe the new players hate it, but for me, this background brought back TONS of nostalgic memories of my early days in Tibia. I hope they don't change it, it is spectacular.

I loved the new background, maybe the new players hate it, but for me, this background brought back TONS of nostalgic memories of my early days in Tibia. I hope they don't change it, it is spectacular.

2bad it looks nothing like tibia, idk how u can feel nostalgic about that shit

Looks nothing like Tibia, are you crazy? That's Thais in the background, I don't know how you cannot see that.
And yes, I guess you haven't played long enough, but it certainly does make me feel nostalgic, I'm talking 2003.

Picture itself is fine, but it doesn't fit well imo, especially that Tibia logo covering the picture and background in weird way.

I love it. It reminds me of how tibia used to be, I can't really explain how, but it does.

Information taken from the test server forums:

The Spike - New Quest

Xelvar in Kazordoon has a new destination for brave adventurers: The Spike. There you can help the gnomes by doing different tasks for them. They offer those tasks in three different level ranges (you have to be at least level 25) so there should be something for almost everyone!

By doing those tasks you can earn the right to get a new outfit!

New Reward System

We implemented a new and fair reward system. A mechanism which will not only reward one single player for his courage but almost everyone who joins the fight against evil menaces. That means, everyone who took an active part in the fight against a boss will get the chance to receive his own reward. So all damage dealers, all blockers, as well as players who supported the fighters with healing, for example, will have the chance of an individual loot.

As a first step it is used for the following bosses (first part of them are now raid bosses):
  • The Welter
  • White Pale
  • Tyrn
  • Hirintror
  • Zushuka
  • Ocyakao
  • Shlorg
  • The Pale Count
  • Furyosa
  • Mad Mage
  • Raging Mage
  • Ferumbras
  • Morgaroth
  • Ghazbaran
  • Orshabaal
  • Gnomevil
  • Deathstrike
  • Abyssador
  • Zulazza the Corruptor
  • Chizzoron the Distorter

Furthermore, a new reward chest will be added to the Adventurers' Guild. So, you get the option to either take your reward from the dead body or to take it out of your reward chest. If you already looted the dead body, your reward chest will be empty. If you have not looted it, the reward will be stored in the chest for seven days.

Please note: The new reward system is just a first step. Therefore, we will only implement the new mechanism for a few bosses at the beginning.

New Monster AI & Raids

Together with the new reward system, a few new boss monsters will be added to the game. All of them will come with the new monster AI. This means that the behaviour of those bosses will be a totally new experience. Every single one of them will act individually. Also, it could happen that the environment of the bosses or any other detail will play an important part during the battle. So keep your eyes open if you set out to face one of the new bosses!

For this test server you will find levers near the locations of those bosses. Using such a lever will start the raid for that boss.

Here's a list with the rough locations of those levers:
  • Shlorg: Earth elemental cave north of Edron
  • White Pale: Rotworm cave west of Darashia or near Edron or near Liberty Bay
  • Furyosa: In the Fury Dungeon
  • Tyrn: Wyrm dungeon in Drefia
  • Welter: Hydra cave near Port Hope
  • Hirintror: Formorgar Mines
  • Ocyakao: North of Svargrond
  • Zushuka: Ice golem cave west of Svargrond
New NPCs

Please have a conversation with the following NPCs. Depending on their function, check if e.g. buying/selling single and multiple items or exchanging money works as it should. If an NPC is questrelated and doesn't have any other function, you can wait until solving that specific part of the quest before talking to him.
  • The Gate Keeper
  • Gnomux
  • Gnomargery
  • Gnomilly
  • Gnommander
  • Gnombold
  • Gnome Trooper
  • Undercover Gnome
New Outfit

You can obtain one new outfit including two addons: The Cave Explorer. In order to get it you have to do gnome tasks in the spike area. NPC Gnommander will let you buy it if you have collected enough fame points.

For testing purpose you can also talk to the testserver assistants and ask them for fame points.

Items, Loot, Hunting Grounds

You will find a lot of new items. If you find something from this list check if the sprites are correct, if the item is equipable and/or if you are able to sell it (on the market or an NPC):

Miscellaneous
  • triple bolt crossbow
  • shrunken head necklace
  • albino plate
  • horn
  • sun mirror
  • icicle bow
  • runic ice shield
  • trapped lightning
  • icy culotte
  • eye of the storm
  • glass of goo
  • goo shell
  • haunted mirror piece
  • vampire silk slippers
  • Vampire Count's medal
  • vampire's signet ring
  • furious frock
  • ghost detector
  • gnomish supplys
  • lodestone
  • mushroom fertilizer
  • spirit shovel
  • thermometer
  • tuning fork

Hunting Grounds

There are a few new areas around The Spike where you can do tasks and hunt monsters.

Mini World Change + New World Board

This update will bring you one new Mini World Change, the Spirit Grounds.

Every day a different spirit gate will grant passage to the mysterious Spirt Grounds. Those can be found randomly at three different locations. In Drefia, close to Vengoth, and in the Ghostlands near Carlin.

Once you found it, it will bring you to a new hunting ground. The dungeon itself will be randomly filled with monsters of varying strength. Those can be:
  • Easy Monsters like ghosts, mummies, ghouls, bonelords
  • Medium Monsters like nightstalkers, banshees, souleaters, braindeaths
  • Or hard Monsters like nightmares, nightmare scions, spectres, phantasms

Also a new feature has been added to the Adventurers' Guild. Use the world board next to NPC Charos and you will get a list of all currently active mini world changes. That means you don't have to wait in front of the towncryer anymore, even if he also have been updated and will still announce the mini world changes.

Further Changes, Bugfixes

• The Towncryer gives information about more Mini World Changes now.
  • Some adjustments for Yasir and Telas regarding the wares they trade.
  • Removed possibilities to block other players in the Wrath of the Emperor quest line.
  • Adjustments in the Repenter's task area to avoid respawn blocking.
  • You can only fight the Mad Mage if you helped to gobble enough of the slime (Players with 25 or less gobbled slimes will be kicked)
  • You can only fight the Raging Mage if you helped to kill enough of the yielothaxes (Players with 50 or less killed yielothaxes will be kicked)
  • Teleporter to the grizzly bosses are now PZ.
  • There is a new graphics option in both clients: Antialiasing. It is off per default.

-----------------------------

So that's all the information I see on the forum so far.. and from what I see.

Bosses with a new loot reward system, DUNGEONS!? Pretty neat stuff, they should focus more on things like that and new areas/content. Apparently there are changes to PvP as well for more balancing as they say a PvP group has been invited to the test server, I didn't see any other information.. Just having a PvP team on the test server.

I like how the new login screen looks, and I've been playing Tibia since Tibia existed.

Tibia is suppose to be more of a 'relaxed' atmosphere game, where people play more with friends, and chat a lot, compared to how most mmos today are all about getting to max level asap, and constantly raiding, no real time to actually talk and make friends in that type of scenario.

Though, 'relaxed' is kinda the wrong word for Tibia, since there is deathloss, and open world pvp.. but that picture kinda show cases the more laid back atmosphere of how Tibia is as a game as a whole.. it's game to be played from time to time, and always be there to come back too. You can progress infinitely.

Games like WoW and company don't feel like you can just come and go, and the game itself in general doesn't feel great to talk to others on.. Tibia is a great chat client first, and a game second almost in my opinion XD

About the new update, I have a few questions about the new 'ai' for the bosses.

What new AI have you observed?

Is it just the new loot system?

Anyone on the test server, could you tell us what you have seen of the new ai?

Iheard the Boss loot change isnt going to work for Warzone anymore? is that true

Information taken from the test server forums:

The Spike - New Quest

Xelvar in Kazordoon has a new destination for brave adventurers: The Spike. There you can help the gnomes by doing different tasks for them. They offer those tasks in three different level ranges (you have to be at least level 25) so there should be something for almost everyone!

By doing those tasks you can earn the right to get a new outfit!

New Reward System

We implemented a new and fair reward system. A mechanism which will not only reward one single player for his courage but almost everyone who joins the fight against evil menaces. That means, everyone who took an active part in the fight against a boss will get the chance to receive his own reward. So all damage dealers, all blockers, as well as players who supported the fighters with healing, for example, will have the chance of an individual loot.

As a first step it is used for the following bosses (first part of them are now raid bosses):
  • The Welter
  • White Pale
  • Tyrn
  • Hirintror
  • Zushuka
  • Ocyakao
  • Shlorg
  • The Pale Count
  • Furyosa
  • Mad Mage
  • Raging Mage
  • Ferumbras
  • Morgaroth
  • Ghazbaran
  • Orshabaal
  • Gnomevil
  • Deathstrike
  • Abyssador
  • Zulazza the Corruptor
  • Chizzoron the Distorter

Furthermore, a new reward chest will be added to the Adventurers' Guild. So, you get the option to either take your reward from the dead body or to take it out of your reward chest. If you already looted the dead body, your reward chest will be empty. If you have not looted it, the reward will be stored in the chest for seven days.

Please note: The new reward system is just a first step. Therefore, we will only implement the new mechanism for a few bosses at the beginning.

New Monster AI & Raids

Together with the new reward system, a few new boss monsters will be added to the game. All of them will come with the new monster AI. This means that the behaviour of those bosses will be a totally new experience. Every single one of them will act individually. Also, it could happen that the environment of the bosses or any other detail will play an important part during the battle. So keep your eyes open if you set out to face one of the new bosses!

For this test server you will find levers near the locations of those bosses. Using such a lever will start the raid for that boss.

Here's a list with the rough locations of those levers:
  • Shlorg: Earth elemental cave north of Edron
  • White Pale: Rotworm cave west of Darashia or near Edron or near Liberty Bay
  • Furyosa: In the Fury Dungeon
  • Tyrn: Wyrm dungeon in Drefia
  • Welter: Hydra cave near Port Hope
  • Hirintror: Formorgar Mines
  • Ocyakao: North of Svargrond
  • Zushuka: Ice golem cave west of Svargrond
New NPCs

Please have a conversation with the following NPCs. Depending on their function, check if e.g. buying/selling single and multiple items or exchanging money works as it should. If an NPC is questrelated and doesn't have any other function, you can wait until solving that specific part of the quest before talking to him.
  • The Gate Keeper
  • Gnomux
  • Gnomargery
  • Gnomilly
  • Gnommander
  • Gnombold
  • Gnome Trooper
  • Undercover Gnome
New Outfit

You can obtain one new outfit including two addons: The Cave Explorer. In order to get it you have to do gnome tasks in the spike area. NPC Gnommander will let you buy it if you have collected enough fame points.

For testing purpose you can also talk to the testserver assistants and ask them for fame points.

Items, Loot, Hunting Grounds

You will find a lot of new items. If you find something from this list check if the sprites are correct, if the item is equipable and/or if you are able to sell it (on the market or an NPC):

Miscellaneous
  • triple bolt crossbow
  • shrunken head necklace
  • albino plate
  • horn
  • sun mirror
  • icicle bow
  • runic ice shield
  • trapped lightning
  • icy culotte
  • eye of the storm
  • glass of goo
  • goo shell
  • haunted mirror piece
  • vampire silk slippers
  • Vampire Count's medal
  • vampire's signet ring
  • furious frock
  • ghost detector
  • gnomish supplys
  • lodestone
  • mushroom fertilizer
  • spirit shovel
  • thermometer
  • tuning fork

Hunting Grounds

There are a few new areas around The Spike where you can do tasks and hunt monsters.

Mini World Change + New World Board

This update will bring you one new Mini World Change, the Spirit Grounds.

Every day a different spirit gate will grant passage to the mysterious Spirt Grounds. Those can be found randomly at three different locations. In Drefia, close to Vengoth, and in the Ghostlands near Carlin.

Once you found it, it will bring you to a new hunting ground. The dungeon itself will be randomly filled with monsters of varying strength. Those can be:
  • Easy Monsters like ghosts, mummies, ghouls, bonelords
  • Medium Monsters like nightstalkers, banshees, souleaters, braindeaths
  • Or hard Monsters like nightmares, nightmare scions, spectres, phantasms

Also a new feature has been added to the Adventurers' Guild. Use the world board next to NPC Charos and you will get a list of all currently active mini world changes. That means you don't have to wait in front of the towncryer anymore, even if he also have been updated and will still announce the mini world changes.

Further Changes, Bugfixes

• The Towncryer gives information about more Mini World Changes now.
  • Some adjustments for Yasir and Telas regarding the wares they trade.
  • Removed possibilities to block other players in the Wrath of the Emperor quest line.
  • Adjustments in the Repenter's task area to avoid respawn blocking.
  • You can only fight the Mad Mage if you helped to gobble enough of the slime (Players with 25 or less gobbled slimes will be kicked)
  • You can only fight the Raging Mage if you helped to kill enough of the yielothaxes (Players with 50 or less killed yielothaxes will be kicked)
  • Teleporter to the grizzly bosses are now PZ.
  • There is a new graphics option in both clients: Antialiasing. It is off per default.

-----------------------------

So that's all the information I see on the forum so far.. and from what I see.

Bosses with a new loot reward system, DUNGEONS!? Pretty neat stuff, they should focus more on things like that and new areas/content. Apparently there are changes to PvP as well for more balancing as they say a PvP group has been invited to the test server, I didn't see any other information.. Just having a PvP team on the test server.

Back