• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Second summer update Teasers!!

They need to stop copying other games so much. Some is understandable, but lately it's all copying.

While I don't like the boss loot system (I follow the concept that there is ONE monster there, what is drop is on it's corpse, and it is up to the players themselves to split it up), to say it's just copying is.. eh, kinda like how everyone has copied the concept of a dragon.. it isn't so much as copying, but rather following a working trend that makes many people happy..

Even though, what makes the players happy, is deluding the core concepts of what I feel makes Tibia unique, but thats why open tibia is here.. it's up to us to keep the old features of tibia alive in our servers.. and just use what cipsoft uses as a base for what we can do with ots..

While I don't like the boss loot system (I follow the concept that there is ONE monster there, what is drop is on it's corpse, and it is up to the players themselves to split it up), to say it's just copying is.. eh, kinda like how everyone has copied the concept of a dragon.. it isn't so much as copying, but rather following a working trend that makes many people happy..

Even though, what makes the players happy, is deluding the core concepts of what I feel makes Tibia unique, but thats why open tibia is here.. it's up to us to keep the old features of tibia alive in our servers.. and just use what cipsoft uses as a base for what we can do with ots..

This.

It really gets under my skin when people claim Tibia is copying things.
I've got news for you, nothing, I mean, NOTHING in World of Warcraft is original.

This.

It really gets under my skin when people claim Tibia is copying things.
I've got news for you, nothing, I mean, NOTHING in World of Warcraft is original.

Good thing I don't play World of Warcraft. ^_^

I'm sorry to have annoyed you. :(

2a5i4op.jpg

I don't want updates, I just wanna play the game normally without kicks.

Don't want updates then do not post in this thread.
And also it is not cips fault some Brazilian a** holes are trying to ruin everything.
At least they try and it is not that easy.

This is a really dumb comment actually, I really hate when people say this, makes me question their brain capacity.

Content designers and programmers have absolutely 0 roles with the networking department, they aren't supposed to be there.
What are they supposed to do? Sit there and not do anything until the ISP (Yes, ISP, not CipSoft) fixes the problems? Not!

The kicks/lags are still being fixed everyday by the right people, and at the same time, content designers and programmers can work on updates.
This is the best of both worlds. Please, do not think everyone at CipSoft does the same jobs, because they don't.

This is a really dumb comment actually, I really hate when people say this, makes me question their brain capacity.

Content designers and programmers have absolutely 0 roles with the networking department, they aren't supposed to be there.
What are they supposed to do? Sit there and not do anything until the ISP (Yes, ISP, not CipSoft) fixes the problems? Not!

The kicks/lags are still being fixed everyday by the right people, and at the same time, content designers and programmers can work on updates.
This is the best of both worlds. Please, do not think everyone at CipSoft does the same jobs, because they don't.

What I meant is that I will not enjoy the updates if there are kicks every few minutes :(

If I am right high level and magic level druids will win the lootchallenge alot. Exura gran mas res, sudden deaths and ice rods will deal the most damage. Meaning this is an unfair update. Paladins will mostly only hit (they wont take damage), but I think more paladins are willing to block now. Sorcerers will have less luck than Druids (fire wand and not the stronges healing spell). Knights will take alot of damage, but don't hit hard. I don't know which resultst that will have.

That's a big if though. Wait and see how the system actually works then judge it besides if you're right it's still a far better system than the old one where knight got 100% of the loot all the time.

If I am right high level and magic level druids will win the lootchallenge alot. Exura gran mas res, sudden deaths and ice rods will deal the most damage. Meaning this is an unfair update. Paladins will mostly only hit (they wont take damage), but I think more paladins are willing to block now. Sorcerers will have less luck than Druids (fire wand and not the stronges healing spell). Knights will take alot of damage, but don't hit hard. I don't know which resultst that will have.

Thats exactly what i was thinking!

New monster AI? If monsters actually had intelligence based on their personality that would kick fucking ass. (excuse my French)

I'm excited!
Red

Actually, Knights do still have a chance to get the best loot.
It isn't just about who deals the most damage. (If I remember correctly) One of the CM's commented that the monsters damage (to you/Knight/etc) will help them as for what reward they can claim from the boss. I'll try and find the quote.

Q/A - First page reply from Tijured:
Q: What is considered an active part in a fight?
A: Active part means you either deal damage, or you block and thereby receive damage, or you support other members of the fighting team with healing, for example.

Last edited:
Back