• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server Crash...

GOD Mattzor

Reaction score
Hey guys I picked up a real server and it keeps crashing on me... No idea what version it is.. as i just found it from some site and yeah hahaha it seems like everything is working aswell so i really just want to see what i can do... From what i can gather from the start up its "Global Server 0.4.1? Is that TFS? It looks like its based on a TFS server so... Any help would be great thanks

I know i can use TFS 0.2.10 but when i drag my data across i et errors out my arse and i cant just things like drains etc... I guess what i need to know is that if i use the actions from this server to TFS will the actions work? like Quest wise? Or does TFS use a diffrent quest system?

I know i can use TFS 0.2.10 but when i drag my data across i et errors out my arse and i cant just things like drains etc... I guess what i need to know is that if i use the actions from this server to TFS will the actions work? like Quest wise? Or does TFS use a diffrent quest system?

buy premium.

well, he suggested this because 0.4 is compatible with 8.7 (and more likely to work with your current data folder without problems than 0.2).

it would save you nerves if you're not really good at C++, but don't expect too much from it

I see.... lol so... I should buy premium to get 0.4 BUT Its not guaranteed to work? lol Sorry to sound like a smart arse... Is there anything else i can do though? Like do you have any ideas why it might be crashing??? I've got 6gig ram in a i7 setup.... Using uniserver... i tried xampp but it still crashes...

it will work, but don't expect it to be 100% stable on windows. it runs way better on linux

about global server 0.4.1, is this a modified TFS 0.4? and do you have the source files?

about crashes, check the server's memory usage (it must be under 2GB at all times), remove unreachable tiles in editor (backup map first)
if you have the sources, compile it in debug mode and use gdb to get the crash reason
if all else fails, go back to 0.3.6 (it can be updated to 8.6X easily)

Alright guys i hunted aound and managed to find The Forgotten Server 0.4.0a1 =O what do you know.. it seems to be working fine but i changed my ip address in my config.lua to my ip address went to log in but it doesn't let me into the world? I can get to the character list but not actually login... Pretty sure its an easy fix and i going to kill myself when i get it but was helping for a little bit of help to put me out of my misery? ;0 cheers guys =)

Alright guys i hunted aound and managed to find The Forgotten Server 0.4.0a1 =O what do you know.. it seems to be working fine but i changed my ip address in my config.lua to my ip address went to log in but it doesn't let me into the world? I can get to the character list but not actually login... Pretty sure its an easy fix and i going to kill myself when i get it but was helping for a little bit of help to put me out of my misery? ;0 cheers guys =)

ports.
And btw, non premium members aren't supposed to use the private version of TFS, so that means that you should not get any support using it, if you want support buy premium or just don't use 0.4.

Back